Beyond Light Impressions

J4MES OX4D

Haven't got the expansion yet but I've done the introductory mission and had a mooch around the land. Seems decent from what I've seen although I'm rusty as hell! Enemies seem to be more challenging and the world looks great. Not sure if it's varied or grand enough in relation to the content that has been removed but it's too early for me to judge after my brief experience with it. Very tough decision I'll have to make in the next couple of days because it's a toss up between this, Cold War and Valhalla. I'll definitely have a deeper look tomorrow though. 

Game looks stunning right off the bat

678DC9FBE1FBED84861A7A4758385473F92E3C88

Anyone else been on yet? Took a good 3 hours to get into the game because of the server issues and then queue! 

So its been a few days so of properly getting back into Destiny 2 for me so I thought i'd share how it feels now. For the first time for a huge update I wasn't my usual hype self about Destiny. Maybe this year has dampened down many high expectations that I usually keep and I think because there's many of the active folk around here haven't bought it was a strange one (although loads were on the FG Clan roster online). Usually new expansions are better experiencing it on your own to get the full impact of it all but it was just surreal AF not having anyone to talk/share the first moments with and I actually felt super down about that. The playstation update hasn't helped it at all making it harder to talk to each other, however I just didn't expect it to be that way. I'm hopeful as the time passes it won't always be like that.

Anyway, looking past that feeling, heres my genuine thoughts.

The Storyline, Quests - They've thought about how the experience is how you flow through the game. The UI looks fresh when you complete a quest step and invites you to do the next bit or even the next mission. The story is the closest its been to Forsaken level which was good. Not as good as it but still very good to run through nonetheless. It also invites you to more story missions after the main campaign.

The Overall Map - Definitely feels a much more inviting space for new/returning players. Its clean and easy to get around. I think removing many planets has had that effect on it. By removing older stuff should in theory mean we get new stuff continuously to fill the map again. We'll have to see as the Season stuff starts a week into the new DLC update.

Europa - Best planet they've added for a while now but I suppose it had to be with the changes they made. The map is HUGE and for the most part looks great. The storm system is a strange one. Concept is awesome however there are a few times i've been a little annoyed cos I can't see anything! I know thats the idea but in a game, it kind of helps knowing where the objective is 🤣 There are some amazing internal rooms and there should be many secrets to find like the Dreadnought and Dreaming City which should keep us busy in the long run.

Cosmodrome - Looks polished, some nostalgia feels does kick in every time you find something you remember from years ago - you know, like the one where you down some stairs into a little alcove to fight 2/3 super hard Hive Knights? Now that is cool. Other than that, i haven't done much searching around as I don't expect to be surprised about that area. Although Uldren comes back as Crow as of this Tuesday and I expect him to be a vendor on Earth so we'll see.

Weapons/Armour - Some better than average weapons. I like how they look, and feel powerful. Some new perks on a few things too. New Rocket Launcher is ACE. Finally a rocket launcher that feels useful.

Stasis new subclass - I've said my thoughts in the Stasis thread. It makes me want to level up my Hunter and Warlock but is super fun to just pop and play in Patrol with it.

Tl:dr - Good first few days. Much more inviting for new/returning players imo.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb