Cold War - Season One

J4MES OX4D

27 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I'm really hoping we get a remake of Grid. It's such a great map.

That was a great map and I'm not sure it's ever been remade either.  It's like a perfect 3-lane map at a time when they weren't deliberately going for this type of design. Even the clocks on Grid told the correct time it was that good🤣

23 hours ago, Dan94 said:

There seems to be a glitch when you prestige where your in game rank doesn't level up properly, only in the after game action report do you see your actual rank?

Leaderboards also don't seem to be updating

I watched a video yesterday about this - seems it's a visual bug rather than the user being deranked of any kind.  Bloody annoying bug though! 

Nuketown sounds great, it's dependable chaos that can be enjoyable from time to time.

I would love Kowloon or Grid. 

Now I know nobody has ever suggested such a ridiculous idea, but I will.

Daytime version of Hanoi from BO1 anyone? I'm serious! 

BO1 had a lot of DLC map packs and I loved most.

Give me Zoo or Berlin Wall anyday, I will play it. 😀

Instead of us getting Jungle, Firing Range and Summit once again, I'd rather have Grid, Radiation and Hotel which haven't been remade I don't think. BO1 had many great maps but Treyarch are fixated on the same old shit. LIke-for-like remakes of Havana, WMD and Stadium would be great IMO and even maps like Array would play well with Cold War's mechanics. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Instead of us getting Jungle, Firing Range and Summit once again, I'd rather have Grid, Radiation and Hotel which haven't been remade I don't think. BO1 had many great maps but Treyarch are fixated on the same old shit. LIke-for-like remakes of Havana, WMD and Stadium would be great IMO and even maps like Array would play well with Cold War's mechanics. 

Well WMD ALand Hanoi were in blops4 🤔

I did like Havana on the original BO1, just played really well. Wasn't there a Stockpile map on BO1 DLC? It was alright.

Hotel was a really fun map. I would love to see it, but it clashes with Miami seeing as it has large hotel areas.

But yeah Radiation, Launch etc were solid maps. I enjoyed Stadium as well.

I think Array would work well in the Cold War setting. Personally Raid from BO2 would play well imo.

I think BO1 including DLC had 20+ maps easily. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

41 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I think BO1 including DLC had 20+ maps easily. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

26 in total I believe and it could've been 30 if they didn't make the final DLC exclusively zombies maps. We'll probably be lucky to get 15 at this rate in Cold War and that's including remakes. 

The BO1 maps were the best they ever made, in my opinion. MW2 comes a close second but its probably the COD I played most and have some great memories despite all the lag switchers and hackers on the Xbox 360 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

26 in total I believe and it could've been 30 if they didn't make the final DLC exclusively zombies maps. We'll probably be lucky to get 15 at this rate in Cold War and that's including remakes. 

That's a lot of content, like said I would welcome some of the remakes just to bulk out the selection. But I agree with you, less firing range/jungle/summit etc. Some of the other maps would slot in nicely.

6 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The BO1 maps were the best they ever made, in my opinion. MW2 comes a close second but its probably the COD I played most and have some great memories despite all the lag switchers and hackers on the Xbox 360 😁

There was some great maps on BO1, BO2 had some good maps too. Still haven't heard anyone hate Standoff.

MW2 maps are classic. Yeah I was on Xbox back then too haha!

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Is there an FG clan for this game? 

I'm not entirely sure, we have folk who play the game. Don't think many have grouped up yet. I heard the party chat is a bit iffy. I'm on PS4 and can play some. But depending on timezones etc. I've recently had a baby and working so my gaming time is very uncertain. I will hop on for an hour or 2 if I get the chance. 

Patch update 1.06 went live. Not a whole lot of info. But I noticed personally that the calling card bug is fixed and that the prestige level in-game bug looks fine. 

Some security and stability issues apparently. And rumours that the M16/Aug/FFAR have had adjustments. Also I heard some scorestreak values have been adjusted.

The MP5 also had a slight nerf yesterday to base damage range.

In my humble opinion, Treyarch have done more in 1 week than what IW for MW done in months. Let's hope they continue to listen and balance the game the best they can while adding content. 

52 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

How is it so far lads?

Well to be totally honest, it's a decent game and fun to play. But having a small selection of maps on launch makes it feel like you get some of them too often in rotation.

The guns take ages to level up xp to unlock challenges and to get gold. A lot of guns go up to level 55. It seems to take forever past level 30.

The Sbmm is extremely thick imo and sometimes it feels like you are punished for having a few good games in a row. 

Overall I'm enjoying it for the most part. Feels like an older cod like BO1/2. They will add more maps, apparently Nuketown coming next week.

Guns will level up, just takes time.

As more content gets added I'm sure it will get better.

Definitely a bit buggy at times, but they already released a patch 1 week in to iron out some of these.

I think the game will be smoother over time. If your used to MW, the feel of Cold War is very different. Not sure if you played the Alpha or Beta?

Fov slider on console is pretty sweet. No claymores or masses of doors or windows. Maps are smaller, more options to run and gun etc.

Primary gunfighter wildcard allows a 7 attachment gun which is interesting. Perk greed allows 2 of each perk, so 6 in total.

Lots of potential and options the game has to offer. Depends on what kind of experience your after. Does have that old school arcade shooter cod feel.

Not gonna lie tho, some matches are very sweaty. You would swear there was money on the line and CDL Champ Finals were getting played.

16 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Well to be totally honest, it's a decent game and fun to play. But having a small selection of maps on launch makes it feel like you get some of them too often in rotation.

The guns take ages to level up xp to unlock challenges and to get gold. A lot of guns go up to level 55. It seems to take forever past level 30.

The Sbmm is extremely thick imo and sometimes it feels like you are punished for having a few good games in a row. 

Overall I'm enjoying it for the most part. Feels like an older cod like BO1/2. They will add more maps, apparently Nuketown coming next week.

Guns will level up, just takes time.

As more content gets added I'm sure it will get better.

Definitely a bit buggy at times, but they already released a patch 1 week in to iron out some of these.

I think the game will be smoother over time. If your used to MW, the feel of Cold War is very different. Not sure if you played the Alpha or Beta?

Fov slider on console is pretty sweet. No claymores or masses of doors or windows. Maps are smaller, more options to run and gun etc.

Primary gunfighter wildcard allows a 7 attachment gun which is interesting. Perk greed allows 2 of each perk, so 6 in total.

Lots of potential and options the game has to offer. Depends on what kind of experience your after. Does have that old school arcade shooter cod feel.

Not gonna lie tho, some matches are very sweaty. You would swear there was money on the line and CDL Champ Finals were getting played.

Sounds good! I haven’t played the alpha or beta so no clue about it, MW really killed my love for CoD as it was so god dam slow paced!

signatures small.jpg

26 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Sounds good! I haven’t played the alpha or beta so no clue about it, MW really killed my love for CoD as it was so god dam slow paced!

You'll probably like this one as it's much faster - the maps are slightly larger than the usual Treyarch offerings of late but there is plenty of action to be had and the game is pretty decent fun. Lack of content could prove a big sticking point in keeping users on board but what's there is actually very good. Not quite as refined as MW but way more enjoyable. 

39 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Well I agree with everything James said. You will probably enjoy it as it is faster paced. There seems to be more action.

Also Cold War in my opinion brings back more of the gunfight encounters that we were all so used to. More gun on gun. Also you have to move somewhat to keep ghost working.

I also noticed if you run ghost and climb a ladder, at the top you will ping slightly for a split second as your dismounting.

Well MW did get slow at times, Picadilly/Azhir Cave Kill confirmed. The score limit has never been seen.

It goes 38-25 or 42-35 and the time limit expires 😂

I countered MW's slowness by playing Shipment most of the time.

Over and over again.

If they added Shipment to Cold War I would play it probably. Nuketown will be nice tho for challenges.

Would be awesome to have WaW maps. Upheaval would be beast!