Namalsk

phil bottle

Back in the old DayZ mod there were a number of modded maps. I understood my two favourite maps were being worked on for the new DayZ, Origins (Taviana) and Namalsk, a winter map with touches of STALKER...

...and it looks like Namalsk is dropping first🤗

Its actually been modded by one of the DayZ devs in his spare time and comes out 3 December.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

These are dropping on DayZ standalone? I’m guessing they’ll drop on pc first, hopefully ps4 will get them as well!

It's a mod and it's free. It's an epic map with mountains and underground bases, plus the original version had EMP storms and aliens which I'm hoping are in the new version too, along with the Gauss gun.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/6/2020 at 10:10 AM, phil bottle said:

It's a mod and it's free. It's an epic map with mountains and underground bases, plus the original version had EMP storms and aliens which I'm hoping are in the new version too, along with the Gauss gun.

If it has all of this Phil then I think we should look into trying it at some point. How good would our own server be on something like this!! Seriously cool trailer too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Watching a now 8 year old Frankie vid playing on Namalsk. Srsly cannot wait for tomorrow. There's a live stream at 6pm and then it drops at 8pm. 

You know this map was originally made from the ground up by a modder in his spare time. Bohemia were so impressed, they hired him. He is now the DayZ Lead designer and he has made Namalsk again, in his spare time, for free. I'll drop a link to the live stream under the Frankie vid.

6pm start time 3 December 2020

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

This is exciting!  :)  

He's stated that there will be 20 Namalsk map vanilla servers available tonight, and then all the player run servers will be able to install it too. 

It's going to be cold and there's some helpful info below on staying warm...

IMG_20201202_095501.jpg

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hows the map @phil bottle? Not had chance to catch up on your PPR yet. Anything to be aware of straight off the bat if I dipped my toe on a server that has this map?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

49 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hows the map @phil bottle? Not had chance to catch up on your PPR yet. Anything to be aware of straight off the bat if I dipped my toe on a server that has this map?

Don't think I've updated my ppr yet, mostly chatting in Tommy's ppr🙂

I've started using the MGT Namalsk server as it has good loot and not too many other players. Anytime you wanna jump on just let me know.

It's very cold so warm clothes and fire are first and foremost. 

I'll do a proper guide at some point this week as there's a lot going on in Namalsk.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'd like to join the MGT server with you.  Is there a whitelist or what?  

I'd love to read a guide from you! 

No whitelist, it uses the Expansion mod to a limited degree, so climbing is in, and the zombie count is a little lower I think, which is also handy. Let's sort out a day to jump on together, I'll be on it tomorrow night and then again at the weekend if that's any good!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg