Your first PS5 game

I'd do this for Xbox as well but most of their exclusives are not for 2020.

So, for those getting a PS5 day one, or before Xmas, what games do you have your eyes on.

For me it would have to be

Demon Souls and

Gran Turismo 7,

and possibly AC Valhalla...if it turns out to be decent.

The first two would be enough to make me buy the console.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Nothing I truly want comes out immediately at launch.

If I were to score a PS5 at or around launch, I would probably get:

Godfall

Spider Man: Miles Morales

Obviously, I would be on Destiny 2 as well.. but that's not a new thing.

I've ordered FIFA 21  (@GazzaGarrattwill be chuffed 😄) which should be here in the next few days and can carry across to PS5. Apart from that, it'll be COD Cold War on release date and then AC Valhalla at Christmas more than likely, if reviews are decent. Not too fussed about any others at the moment.

Well, I'll be playing upgrades initially like Destiny 2 and FIFA 21 but I was thinking of GT7 and possibly Cyberpunk 2077 to see if it truly meets the expectations.

I suppose Cold War is a standard purchase cos of you guys and I'd love Valhalla if its anything like Black Flag.

If I'm honest I've not seen many PS5 games coming out. I'm just looking forward to having 60FPS on Destiny with fast loading times.

4 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I've ordered FIFA 21  (@GazzaGarrattwill be chuffed 😄)

Oh yes, lovely jubbly!!

I’ll be getting Grounded on steam on the PC 😁

In all seriousness, I can’t see myself getting one for a long while. I currently have limited time on my hands and the idea of spending a few hundred pounds on something that’ll just sit there, makes me feel like I won’t get one.

To be honest, I've been quite underwhelmed at the amount of proper PS5 titles available at launch. Most things are remasters rather than true next gen games. Thata

With that said Demon's Souls does look amazing

I think mine will be Valhalla. The more I hear about it, the more I really love the different ideas they've put into it. And we can be Vikings!!!

infinity war yes GIF

So, just watched a review and a bit of gameplay of Godfall. At £60/70, no thanks.

Would have probably had a punt on it at £30. Back to square one again as I've just not really been grabbed by anything at this moment in time.

I'm almost at the point where the first proper PS5 game I'll get will actually be Cyberpunk. Till then I'll make do with the PS4 game pass thingy. Bit underwhelming to be honest for the next gen, almost makes me question why I went to the lengths to pre-order that I did 🤷‍♂️

On 11/17/2020 at 10:39 PM, Stretch616 said:

So, just watched a review and a bit of gameplay of Godfall. At £60/70, no thanks.

Would have probably had a punt on it at £30. Back to square one again as I've just not really been grabbed by anything at this moment in time.

I'm almost at the point where the first proper PS5 game I'll get will actually be Cyberpunk. Till then I'll make do with the PS4 game pass thingy. Bit underwhelming to be honest for the next gen, almost makes me question why I went to the lengths to pre-order that I did 🤷‍♂️

Because of Astro Playroom of course?!! You ain't far wrong though mate, a bit disappointing how little games are available. It'll feel different come Feb I think after a number of releases and upgrades have took place.

I've picked up Valhalla as I said above so will see how that pans out. However, I'm also picking up WRC 9 as I really want to see how a driving game feels and looks on it.

Astros playroom was a blast to play.  Both Sarah and I had a lot of fun with that.  I’ve also got the PS5 upgrades for Immortals, Valhalla and Control,  the last of which really performs well at 60fps.  I also managed to nab Godfall brand new for $30.  I refused to pay full price for that game based on reviews and feedback.  I’ll be giving that a go sometime this week. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Mine was Demon Souls. The only other game I have is FIFA 21. Looking forward to Resident Evil Village and Deathloop but other than that, the selection is rather sparse over the coming summer months and many titles have already been pushed back til next year. God of War Ragnarok is hopefully on track for later this year along with the new Horizon game. Fingers crossed for Battlefield 6 too! 

I don't want to be paying £60-70 for new games though so I may have to wait bit after a game launches before picking it up which makes things worse but games seem to be getting discounted fairly quickly now so much so, they'd probably be better off with a lowered entry point and then maxing more sales at full price. 

Looking back at this I'd say Destiny 2 has been my most played next gen game on the PS5. The enhancements we all got for free were truly gamechanging and now make me feel like I'd struggle to play it on a PS4. Can't believe @jordie1892  played the PS4 version for abit on his PS5 before realising there was an upgrade! 😄

WRC9 is very much a solid game for the PS5 but I wouldn't say it showed off much of the kit the PS5 has.

So did I Lee, it’s great playing on the ps5 for the quick load times and lack of dropped frames.  Though honestly I can’t tell the difference between playing the ps4 version on the ps5 and the actual ps5 version.

As for actual ps5 games, I picked up Miles Morales the other day.  I got the ultimate edition so playing through the original Spiderman first which does have a ps5 upgrade too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

So I never played the 4 version but I fired up Wreckfest the other day for the first time and I was very impressed with the controller lol. The R2 and L2 buttons become force feedback. Like actual crunchy brakes, pushback on the buttons when your car gets hammered. It's progressive as you wreck your car. So fuck PS5 graphics, that's just catching up to PC's circa 2017. I was genuinely impressed with how the controller felt. Sounds weird but to me, thats more impressive.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:38 PM, TurboR56Mini said:

So I never played the 4 version but I fired up Wreckfest the other day for the first time and I was very impressed with the controller lol. The R2 and L2 buttons become force feedback. Like actual crunchy brakes, pushback on the buttons when your car gets hammered. It's progressive as you wreck your car. So fuck PS5 graphics, that's just catching up to PC's circa 2017. I was genuinely impressed with how the controller felt. Sounds weird but to me, thats more impressive.

Got to admit, now that Wreckfest have sorted their save game file issue out and it can be ported to the PS5 version, it feels and looks so much better. Did not expect haptic feedback either and was so cool to experience it without knowing! We really are paying top whack for basically the next gen controller of all controllers. Really want to get Ratchet and Clank because of the great stories on here from Chad @Riff Machine

On 7/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, phil bottle said:

It's been nearly 8 months, strange to see such a lack of PS5 games blowing people away. Is there anything decent being released this summer?

Ghost of Tsushima upgrade with brand new DLC island to explore. That will probably look even more ridiculously gorgeous.

So far i've only played the ps5 versions of AC Valhalla and Madden 21, and the thing i'm most impressed with with both is the loading times, especially for AC with it being such a big game. Madden does its best to make use of the controller and gives some trigger resistance at times. I'm still wanting to get Resi Evil 8 and Miles Morales, but Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty sweet, and after the State if Play last night the new version of Death Stranding looks like it might be worth a go too