Community Calendar: Gran Turismo Sport - daily races

Event Title: Gran Turismo Sport - daily races
Event Author: phil bottle
Calendar: Community Calendar
Event Date: 10/27/2020 09:00 PM

Gr. 3 Mount Panorama 10 laps

N300 Goodwood 4 laps

Gran Turismo Sport - daily races

N.B. If viewing this via the FG App, please visit the Calendar event via browser to RSVP. Thanks.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Awesome, I said last week that I’m looking to Bathurst / Mount Panorama turning up.  So many people are going to end up in the walls.

Goodwood is great fun too, so tricky to get right as there is no run off just grass.  Also N300 features the 250gto and E-Type so we can recreate the Revival 😄 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

Awesome, I said last week that I’m looking to Bathurst / Mount Panorama turning up.  So many people are going to end up in the walls.

Goodwood is great fun too, so tricky to get right as there is no run off just grass.  Also N300 features the 250gto and E-Type so we can recreate the Revival 😄 

I just found out they are picking the car for us at Goodwood. Nissan Skyline GTR🙃

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Man Bathurst is going to be a challenge! I was watching my friends online racing league there recently and almost a full field were doing 2.01mins   almost every single lap. 

I hop on for a try and can barely get within 10secs of them! 😂

There’s so much time that can be made if you are brave but smooth, but you make one little mistake you are clouting that wall harder then a chav on Stella slapping his missus

APmVvKG.gif

11 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Man Bathurst is going to be a challenge! I was watching my friends online racing league there recently and almost a full field were doing 2.01mins   almost every single lap. 

I hop on for a try and can barely get within 10secs of them! 😂

There’s so much time that can be made if you are brave but smooth, but you make one little mistake you are clouting that wall harder then a chav on Stella slapping his missus

Think I saw you manage a 2:06 last I checked 😎

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Think I saw you manage a 2:06 last I checked 😎

Yeah had a go last night after sending the message just to see if I could improve it from the previous week! 😂 

2.06 was the best I managed to get on a single lap and was getting quicker and quicker but just couldn’t keep it consistent.
Ended up getting frustrated if I lost time in one section and was then far too lairy in the one after which punished me further.

Apparently my optimal time could have been in the low 2:04s but just couldn’t string it all together. God knows how the guys on the top10 are doing their times...

I’ve been informed by the wife that we are out tonight for dinner so not sure if I will be on tonight ☹️

APmVvKG.gif

@JBR-Kiwi  You might already know this but you can download the ghosts of the top 10 times so you can see how they achieve their times.

Bathurst is definitely one of those tracks that, over the mountain section, you feel like you drive the same but can make or lose loads of time.

I should be on earlier tonight to get some practice in as Bathurst is all about getting in to a rhythm.

45 minutes ago, Greboth said:

@JBR-Kiwi  You might already know this but you can download the ghosts of the top 10 times so you can see how they achieve their times.

Bathurst is definitely one of those tracks that, over the mountain section, you feel like you drive the same but can make or lose loads of time.

I should be on earlier tonight to get some practice in as Bathurst is all about getting in to a rhythm.

Yeah I downloaded a couple of them and I’m losing so much time in the 3rd corner where it tightens up almost back on itself. up to that point I’m within a tenth or two! 😂

People carry An impossibly large amount of speed into that corner and somehow don’t understeer whereas my car washes out constantly. That then punished me all the way to the top. 

Unless I’m doing something wrong the ghost doesn’t reset either so I have no idea where else I’m losing time to them. ☹️ 

APmVvKG.gif

That corner is a pain, you really have to send it in and hope you can stop in time.  Some cars I find like you the front washes out and in others the back steps out and I've never found a happy medium between the 2.  I used to like the new Supra that's not called a Supra (FT01? FGT01? something like that), it's a bit slow on the straights so if someone's in your tow you're in trouble but over the mountain it was fantastic.  There's been a number of updates since I regular raced though so the balance of Gr3 cars has probably changed.

For the ghosts, I thought there was an option to have them reset every sector.  I'm certain I was using it trying to beat Lewis Hamilton's times though maybe it's something specific to that mode.

Forgot to say I’ll be about tonight seeing as the wife is not feeling too good so didn’t end up going out for dinner 

4 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Just to confirm, what are we racing? The selected car for the Goodwood track isn't available for purchase in the Nisan store?

Think we Are just using n300 🙂

APmVvKG.gif