PS5 User Experience - First Look!

GazzaGarratt

I think it looks great to be honest. Some nice features in there. Being able to watch a friend playing a game whilst you're playing is an excellent idea because if you're stuck in a game and they have that game then you could watch them to see how to proceed. All in all I feel it's a much better UI than the Xbox Series UI is.

fart.gif

3 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I think it looks great to be honest. Some nice features in there. Being able to watch a friend playing a game whilst you're playing is an excellent idea because if you're stuck in a game and they have that game then you could watch them to see how to proceed. All in all I feel it's a much better UI than the Xbox Series UI is.

This is how I feel overall as it didn't need an overhaul, just a few enhancements along the way. Huge bonus not having to pause your game whilst watching another.

If (and its a BIG if mind you) they can sort the idea they've implemented with the chat party system then it stays well ahead of Xbox UI imo. The only thing Xbox had over PSN for me was the inbuilt LFG system they have. All PSN has to do is build in something like Discord and they remain well in front.

oh, and i do wonder how many games have built the handy tips for the achievements on PS5. Great concept, just wonder how much more time it takes them to make it easier for people by doing in-game guides too?