PS4 8.00 Update

GazzaGarratt

Looks like theres a playstation update out thats changing a number of things existing whilst getting ready for PS5. Grabbed the following from Playstation:

Includes changes to Party and Messages features, new avatars, updated parental controls and more.

Our latest system software update for PlayStation 4, version 8.00, is launching today globally. This update includes changes to the existing Party and Messages features, new avatars, updated parental controls and more.

Here are some of the key features in this update:

Updates to Party and Messages

Following this update, Party and Messages will be more tightly linked together and you will see changes to the UI. Both apps will now use the same ‘Groups’ of players for Party voice chats and message exchanges, instead of having different groups setup across the two apps. So now you can start a Party chat or send a message to the group you’ve previously chatted with across PS4, as well as PS5 when it launches.

New Avatars

We’re expanding the collection of pre-set avatars for players to showcase on their Profile. An array of new avatars from your favorite games will be available, including Bloodborne, Journey, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, The Last of Us Part II, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and many more.

Mute all Mics from Quick Menu

We’ve added an option to “Mute all Microphones” in the Quick Menu, so you can easily mute your mics while gaming.

Simplified and more flexible Parental Controls

Under Parental Controls, we’re combining the ‘Communicating with Other Players’ and ‘Viewing Content Created by other Players’ into one setting – ‘Communication and User Generated Content’-  to cover both areas of communication and UGC sharing. This offers a simpler setting that’s easier for parents to understand and apply to their children.

In addition, children can send a request to their parents to use communications features in specific games. When a child sends this request, the parent will receive an email notification and can choose to make an exception for that game and allow the child to use its communications and UGC features. This will provide more flexibility to both parents and children.

Enhanced 2-Step Verification

The 2-Step Verification (2SV) feature on PS4 will be enhanced to support third party authenticator apps as an option during the activation flow and 2SV sign-in across PS4, mobile and web.

Removal of Event Creation and Private Community Creation

After 8.00, you will no longer be able to create Events or access existing Events created by other users.

We’re also removing the ability to create private Communities under the Community app on PS4. If you already have existing private Communities, you can continue to access them.

Updates to Remote Play App on Mobile and PC

At the same time as 8.00, the existing PS4 Remote Play app on mobile (iOS/Android), Windows PC and Mac, will change its name to PS Remote Play, and the option to connect to PS5 will be added. You’ll need to sign in to PSN from your PS5 to be able to access the feature, so sit tight until PS5 launches this November!

As a reminder, a PS4 system with a wired connection via a LAN cable is recommended to download the update.

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I hear they're also going to be listening and recording party chat. Hope that's not true,

Anyway, PSN is currently up the spout for me.  

I think I saw somewhere it's not them it's warning you the others can record party chat from ps5 on cross play or something along those lines. 

15 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I hear they're also going to be listening and recording party chat. Hope that's not true,

Apparently it's only if somebody reports something that's said in a party

sony-clarifies-ps4-update-8-00-isnt-reco
WWW.PSU.COM

Sony has clarified that PS4 Update 8.00 isn't recording voice chat but it will do so in some PS5 instances once the console launches in November.

Also, if they want to hear us lot call each other cunts all night,or call @Nutcuttlit  a Scottish prick, then I'm not really that arsed.

fart.gif

Note to self, all @Diddumsparty chats I am involved in, will be recorded 😂

I'm not happy about that whatever form it takes...but then I'm old school and hate prying eyes or ears in my business🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well, I just turned my PS4 off because of it. They've completely fucked the chat system so trying to talk to your friends has become harder than trying to get Rachel Riley to show us her tits. 

I'm just sick of the PS4 to be honest, every time I log on there's some bullshit. Update this game, update that game, update the software, can't chat to your friends, I think I'm done with it tbh, and if Sony fucks about with the PS5 like they are here then they can refund that too. 

Sony: the best people for fixing things until it's fucked. 

banlol.png