CROSSPLAY BETA
DATE
OCT. 15-16
OCT. 17-19
PLATFORM
XBOX + PC EARLY ACCESS

PS4™ OPEN ACCESS

OPEN ALL PLATFORMS

Let's hope it's better than the Alpha which was pretty shit. Snipers were utterly broken and Ninja just didn't seem to work at all.

There's also a trailer for it which shows exactly how the game WON'T be played.

fart.gif

Apparently one of the devs has made a bold claim that the game is going to be a radical step forward compared to the alpha and it'll feel different. That's quite a statement so it'll be interesting if it is a step up or if it's just the usual PR bullshit and all that we see is a few tweaks. 

Well, you can beat free so it is worth a match or two. 

I didn't mind the game play on the alpha that much, but I got bored very quickly with the maps and constant TDM which is one of my least favorite game modes. 

I'm mostly playing modern warfare killstreak confirm (which is a lot of fun) or Warzone anyways

23 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Well, you can beat free so it is worth a match or two. 

I didn't mind the game play on the alpha that much, but I got bored very quickly with the maps and constant TDM 

This, it doesn't cost anything so might as well get sweated all over.

Looking about there seems to be a lack of physical copies around, and for once not much in the way of reduced cost to digital.

21 hours ago, techno said:

This, it doesn't cost anything so might as well get sweated all over.

Looking about there seems to be a lack of physical copies around, and for once not much in the way of reduced cost to digital.

I've actually just pre-ordered a digital copy of this game. Simply because it was cheaper than getting it on disc. 

fart.gif

I saw a number of streamers either end their streams early or went to play something else yesterday. From what I watched, it didn't seem to be the step forward that was promised and if anything, even more concerns were raised. When the biggest COD cocksucker content creators cant muster up the energy to act all over-excited at the smallest things, you know there is a problem. 

The new Destiny content is released a few days before and then Cyberpunk 2077 5 days later. This game is gonna seriously struggle and I think a lot of users will probably just leech on any free shit added into Warzone and stick with that instead. 

I played a few games and I actually enjoyed it 🤷‍♂️

Ninja now works properly so I can actually run around without getting heard from halfway across the map.

I wasn't getting Quick Scoped constantly like in the Alpha.

Hit detection seemed pretty spot on.

fart.gif

Personally from my opinion they have changed a lot of little things from alpha-beta.

The game has that old school cod feel. The maps flow like old cod, ninja is decent and a perk unlike MW.

Is nice unsilenced weapons show on the minimap. The animations and movements are much better than the alpha was.

Custom HUD options, a FOV slider on console. Nice little touches. The game is somewhat fun for the most part. Only thing that bothers me is unstable connections and sketchy hitscan.

Also some lobbies are a pure sweatfest cod CDL champs final at times.

I still think Treyarch have done more in 3 weeks than IW did for MW in the first 3 months. Let's not forget about MW's problems at launch till after Christmas. MW sounds and looks good, but the actual gameplay can be dire. 

I think considering this year of 2020 and the fact Treyarch bailed them out and made one this year eventho it wasn't their turn. 

Coldwar plays like a mix of BO1/BO2 with a hint of WW2. It's not awful, but people expect more perhaps.

Coldwar alpha is still better than the full version of Ghosts imo.

What I've played so far has been pretty good. I've had no connection issues but I know people have. That will be sorted.

I don't like that lobbies get disbanded after every match. And this is a major complaint from people who've played this beta hopefully it'll get sorted out as it wasn't in the Alpha.

fart.gif

Well I've had quite a few games and theres no consistancy but it could be that it's a stupid moshpit for game modes. Kill confirmed is definitely the best which is fine as it's my default game mode. Still not sold on the kill streak system but as it can be difficult yet not impossible to go on long streaks I kind of get it and it's not a game breaker if you carry a launcher. Weapons, that's simple smg the end unless you work through the struggle to unlock attachments that make other weapons viable. Seeing other players is a cock ache and that can be down to everyone looks the same, the colours of what I think is the main issue the maps. They are cluttered to fuck and imo awful. Moscow is about the best but that's like saying a 10quid hooker may be better than a wank. 

Anyway so far I'm either going well positive or well negative if it's to do with lobby break up having sbmm kicking in who knows. It's free I'll play some more but it's not gripping me to play long sessions. Oh and hopefully I never ever have to play miami, one of the worst maps ever especially 6v6.

Here's a video that somes stuff up quite well.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Anyone intending to play this weekend at all?

I am not. I encountered to technical issues, however I was bored the 2-3 games I played. MW is a much better game as far as I am concern, so I rather play that with the little amount of time I have

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Anyone intending to play this weekend at all?

Yeah my session on Sunday was awful but Monday was much better so need to see if it was just a fluke 😁 and they have made changes already. 

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Playing with randoms is so much fun! Jumped on last night and played a game of Hardpoint. We won but only because I had more time in the point than near enough all of my team mates combined😱

People have been playing "hills and Kills"  on Modern warfare where kills also count for point. Maybe they forgot good old traditional hardpoint. 

Domination also has a new mode, TDM domination. Again kills are now part of the points so killing and K/D now matters for the win

Where there any improvements since last week? The enthusiasm for the game was pretty low after that weekend