Europa Map (and new trailer with Variks!)

GazzaGarratt

As the November update comes ever closer, Bungie released the Europa Map and a page on Bungie.net with some extra info. The map of what Europa looks like has received positive feedback so far as most people believe it looks quite huge compared to other worlds in Destiny.

europa map.jpg

Just seeing the map is starting to get me pumped again and the fact its a brand new planet is really exciting this time round. And the trailer they dropped builds on it too.

VARIKS SEES MINES. YESSSSSSSSSSS? 😎

We've wondered when we'd see Variks next after he let out Uldren and the Barons in Forsaken, not sure if he'll be another vendor again or we've got to defeat him considering he clearly his on the bad side of us after being allies on the Reef in Destiny 1.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:29 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm gonna probably get this package over Black Ops Cold War. I am a bit disappointed with the amount of stuff being taken out of the game but hopefully the new content will feel like an entirely new one. 

I'm with you. I'm very aprehensive about it all but one promising element about the direction to stay with Destiny 2 and not make a Destiny 3 is that the current version of the game is/has been getting technical updates behind the scenes - which will allow for better ways of development on missions and other updates as each season moves along. They're taking a hit now by removing legacy existing content on old code so the game can have proper longevity on multi-platforms and re-integrate the best bits so we all have a better flowing and evolving world.

However, I think its easy for gamers to miss these bits because most won't give a shit about how the game is created and developed, they just want the content as soon as possible and all of the time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Destiny to be able to update their game nearly as frequently as Epic does with Fortnite (their updates don't happen as frequent now as they initially did due to overworking staff ridiculously).

Many people here won't notice any of this btw, because if you've had a break for a while, you kinda don't likely care about those bits that are leaving to go sit in the DCV for a bit - so should be a positive overall.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:33 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Destiny 2 will also require a full re-download when the new content is released.

Luckily, with games like CoD about, we're all super elite Pros at downloading games the size of Scotland these days.