Wall art - the collection begins

McNasty

I thought up an interesting idea a few weeks ago to buy a bunch of old Nintendo Power magazines and put them in display cases to mount on a wall in my game room.  First magazine came in today and I’m pumped!  Certainly not in mint condition but surprisingly it’s in fantastic shape.  Goldeneye magazine should be here on Monday.  Still trying to figure out which other ones I want.  Obviously Mario 64, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong.  Probably Mortal Kombat, Star Fox, Tony Hawk......so many to choose from.  I’ll update once the final collection is complete and mounted.

8CFED574-D909-4E69-9BE0-4E09E9191EE9.jpeg

I'll be doing my game room when I move in a week or so.  Can't wait, this is a great idea.  Probably more Sega for me though.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

7 hours ago, tronic44 said:

What made you go with N64? I'm guessing the great games and great art on the mags?

We (me and 3 brothers) were a Nintendo house growing up.  NES, SNES, 64 were our first systems and that took me from elementary through high school.  We got a PlayStation 2 at some point in high school and played that a good bit as well, but my formative gaming years were all Nintendo.  The art on these magazines is definitely legit, but nostalgia is the real driver for me.  

This is awesome @McNasty , such a great idea! Be good to see how you display them on your wall. I'm totally with @crispymorgan  as I'd be Sega all the way. I think over here when I was growing up there was the GamesMaster Magazine that was pretty big at the time, even had a TV show!

gamesmaster.jpg

However, I also have some pretty sweet game info displays from the old Toys R Us that my cousin who was the Manager gave me. They've always be something i've wanted to get in a display like these, That might also be worthwhile searching for too! (i'll try and dig out some of them and share for you 🙂)