Final Fantasy 16

J4MES OX4D

Looks good as most FF trailers do. Is it just me or should we now be called FF games true JRPG? Its borderline button bashing when it comes to these games now which is a shame as they look fantastically made.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Looks good as most FF trailers do. Is it just me or should we now be called FF games true JRPG? Its borderline button bashing when it comes to these games now which is a shame as they look fantastically made.

It's a true 'rinse and repeat' style of game making now, they've gotten progressively shorter each time too. I remember playing FFX and thinking.....was that it? Off the back of 7 and 8 which were 100+ hour games......A shame really. 

signatures small.jpg

I wonder if the battle system from the FF7 remake is now the default battle system for future FF games?  I'll wait and see on this.  As usual, the trailer looks great but i'll need to see more.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

16 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I wonder if the battle system from the FF7 remake is now the default battle system for future FF games?  I'll wait and see on this.  As usual, the trailer looks great but i'll need to see more.

I'd love to see more like this so at least the ATB way of playing can live on somehow. Things need to evolve and I understand that, its just a huge part of the history of FF I really can't see why they can't re-use something that has been so successful for them in their history.