7 Days to Die Server Reset?

tronic44

Reset the FG Server?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all, i wanted to get an idea from everyone about resetting the server. The only reason for this is because we're once again on Navezgane map, i thought i'd set it to random gen but i clearly didn't. Along with this i'll also look into paying a bit more to get a larger map, we're currently on the medium size at the moment.

@phil bottle

@GazzaGarratt@Diddums@Greboth@crispymorgan @Emma @craftofboredom

A few things. The base is pants. It's hard to defend. The map is small and now we have vehicles it's easy to go exploring. My vote would be for reset and bigger map.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Yep, I'm up for that. I know the map far too well.

Plus I hate our base. It's good to use an already existing building the first few nights but I'd really prefer building a base from scratch.

Maybe two bases, in close proximity, one with the food and good loot and another with the furnaces for enticing the horde.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm in agreement with the reset. Definitely in agreement with @phil bottle. I think we only really need half the materials we've used on the existing base to make a better base from scratch. 

It may be a good idea to discuss what the plans are for the new base and see what we can design. An idea as well - to have separate living space VS horde base. Don't shit where you eat kind of scenario. 😂

I'm going to watch YouTube videos to get ideas. Glock9Gamer and Jawoodle are both my favourite 7D2D YouTubers.

More than happy with the reset, its just been really good to learn about the game far more than I ever have to be honest. A new bigger map sounds exciting too.

All i'd say about the base @crispymorgan  @phil bottle is that whilst I wasn't wedded to it either way, I would far more favour a random querky base than a standard square base that doesn't have any life to it. Personally, we've had so much on this one more than ever because of all the stupid and random things that have happened, which many things have because of how the base was built.

9 minutes ago, craftofboredom said:

An idea as well - to have separate living space VS horde base. Don't shit where you eat kind of scenario. 😂

I love that end phrase 🤣🤣 One thing to remember with this though is that its exciting and tense when we only have one base to defend as you know there's something at risk. If we had a separate place to fight Zombies, I don't think i'd be drawn in as much because, like i say, whats at risk other than yourself? You just spawn back in and pick up your backpack and away you go type of thing if you know what I mean?

High risk, high reward is the way to go for an exciting and fun server imo.

Right it’s settled, I’ll reset and upgrade the server when I get back tonight. This will be the last reset until we have to.

I’ll start upgrading and resetting at 8, so if people want to jump on discord, we can talk through how we want it set up.

Our current base was shit but I grew to quite like it in the end and with the traps and everything it was quite good on horde night.  Though in reality I'm not all that fussed either way about resetting.  Though I would say that if we reset, we don't again for a while so we can see how far we can push it 🙂 I guess I'll get my pick out again for all that oil shale and coal 😄

Though may I request that we have a map without a giant gorge in the middle of it 🤣

8 sounds good though Rich, gives me some time to do some Alyx before 7dtd 🙂

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

More than happy with the reset, its just been really good to learn about the game far more than I ever have to be honest. A new bigger map sounds exciting too.

All i'd say about the base @crispymorgan  @phil bottle is that whilst I wasn't wedded to it either way, I would far more favour a random querky base than a standard square base that doesn't have any life to it. Personally, we've had so much on this one more than ever because of all the stupid and random things that have happened, which many things have because of how the base was built.

I love that end phrase 🤣🤣 One thing to remember with this though is that its exciting and tense when we only have one base to defend as you know there's something at risk. If we had a separate place to fight Zombies, I don't think i'd be drawn in as much because, like i say, whats at risk other than yourself? You just spawn back in and pick up your backpack and away you go type of thing if you know what I mean?

High risk, high reward is the way to go for an exciting and fun server imo.

Pros and cons on the game. I've tried a few bases where everything was in 1 place. It does have an element of risk for sure. Happy to play either way and whatever works for everyone. It's different when you have lots of people to play with as well. 

Looking forward to the new changes. 😝

11 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Right it’s settled, I’ll reset and upgrade the server when I get back tonight. This will be the last reset until we have to.

I’ll start upgrading and resetting at 8, so if people want to jump on discord, we can talk through how we want it set up.

Catch up later at 8pm on discord. 👍😋

13 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Though I would say that if we reset, we don't again for a while so we can see how far we can push it 🙂 I guess I'll get my pick out again for all that oil shale and coal 😄

Yeah, i'd like to ofc...I think I nearly made it round the whole base in that moat, upgrading it and putting blade traps down! 🙈🤣

7 minutes ago, craftofboredom said:

Pros and cons on the game. I've tried a few bases where everything was in 1 place. It does have an element of risk for sure. Happy to play either way and whatever works for everyone. It's different when you have lots of people to play with as well. 

Yep, totally get that and i'll always go with the consensus because you all have played this much longer than me. I can only talk about this instance we've played and its been the best experience we've had by a mile over the years. Clearly it helps having more of us around this time, especially the new peeps too! 😎

33 minutes ago, Greboth said:

What is the pathing of the zombies like? Could we make a base like a tower defence game so the zombies will have to walk past a number of traps rather than a single row?

I've not checked the pathing for zombies for Alpha 19 yet unfortunately. Although the last time I made a base in Alpha 18, zombies can't climb up high ramps (made from wedge) as too steep.

So I made a pyramid using wedge blocks and stayed at the top. Was standing on iron bars shooting down at them. 

Have you guys had any experiences with bases that worked for you?

The world is still generating, looks like it's all going to plan though. I've been chatting to the server people and they say it's running how it should be, so hopefully we'll have a new big world to play on in the next 10hours haha