New addition to the kitchen

G_dub52

@Middle Class Caveman has advised me to post this here and its a bloody good idea too!

Here is our new coffee machine and Im not going to lie I bloody love it! I am still learning how to use it properly but getting there for sure!

Any other coffee heads out there? Hints, tips and stories welcome 🙂

IMG_20200908_185525_269.jpg

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

Its an art for sure! Week one has gone pretty well and Im slowly getting better at the process. Going to get some decent beans today as im getting more confident haha

Mate, Hayley has been thinking about a coffee machine but more so the pod ones, but this one looks pretty fancy doesn't it! Do you reckon the extra effort with real beans and this machines is making a huge difference? What did you have before? Instant coffee @G_dub52 ?

@GazzaGarrattthis is a fair upgrade from my humble caffetiere!

Its more of a hobbyist machine, the coffee is literally as good as you make it. You can get it too bitter, too sour or just right depending on a number of factors.

If you just want to roll out of bed and get your hit I would probably go with a decent nespresso pod machine or similar. Me and Hollie are enjoying the technical side of this though to be fair, we are literally comparing how much (in grams) coffee to use with what grind size? and how long it takes to pour and different beans have different settings etc haha.

Its a fun science if your into it and when you get it right its a proper buzz but if you just want a decent cup quick its not worth the investment. My caffatiere coffees used to be spot on too.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:22 PM, G_dub52 said:

Me and Hollie are enjoying the technical side of this though to be fair, we are literally comparing how much (in grams) coffee to use with what grind size? and how long it takes to pour and different beans have different settings etc haha.

Wowser dude, fair play! Makes me wonder though, is there a travel one you can get because I could see you having plenty of time on camping to do this kind of stuff!

On 9/8/2020 at 2:19 PM, G_dub52 said:

@Middle Class Caveman has advised me to post this here and its a bloody good idea too!

Here is our new coffee machine and Im not going to lie I bloody love it! I am still learning how to use it properly but getting there for sure!

Any other coffee heads out there? Hints, tips and stories welcome 🙂

IMG_20200908_185525_269.jpg

It's a fantastic machine.

I had to do a double take on the brand, then looked it up that Sage is the same as Breville here in the US.

We have the same machine but an older model. I think it's about 10 years old now, come to think of it! Looks like they improved the grinder too on your model. Enjoy it! Don't be afraid of it. I sure was initially lol. But, it's so awesome to be able to have properly brewed espresso at home. I haven't gotten the milk foaming and steaming down perfectly, but just because I can't draw a swan in my drink, doesn't mean it isn't good!

So how's the bean velocity on the grinder? The recoil? ADS on the espresso scoop thingy? 

Meanwhile I'm still drinking the nerfed coffee. Have been drinking some of that Azera stuff lately which is powered coffee. It's remarkably better than the usual dirt mud freeze dried lumps of cat poo I usually drink.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

Please tell me @GazzaGarratt you didn't get a pod one??? Gotta grind those beans big boy!

Ofc I went and got Hayley a pod one! We ain't that sophisticated!! 🤣

From Santa, Hayley got the following Nespresso Essenza Mini one:

image.png

She especially wanted one with the milk frother (i'm not saying the fancy word for it either) and she seems to like it so far.

On 1/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Ofc I went and got Hayley a pod one! We ain't that sophisticated!! 🤣

From Santa, Hayley got the following Nespresso Essenza Mini one:

image.png

She especially wanted one with the milk frother (i'm not saying the fancy word for it either) and she seems to like it so far.

As, I guess, a coffee snob, this makes me sad. As someone who knows the research that went into Nespresso machines (I worked at a fancy kitchen retail store for a bit), I'm glad you at least chose well!

Don't be stuck with just nespresso pods. There are ones that you can fill and refill yourself. So, if you have a local roaster, you can use their beans and proper grind and still have all the convenience at a lower cost!

On 1/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, IRaMPaGe said:

So how's the bean velocity on the grinder? The recoil? ADS on the espresso scoop thingy? 

Meanwhile I'm still drinking the nerfed coffee. Have been drinking some of that Azera stuff lately which is powered coffee. It's remarkably better than the usual dirt mud freeze dried lumps of cat poo I usually drink.

Do you prefer instant coffee? There's a lot of really great instant coffees out there now... and they don't suck!

15 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Do you prefer instant coffee? There's a lot of really great instant coffees out there now... and they don't suck!

I just don't have a coffee machine, it's just a basic coffee. Hot water from the kettle into a mug with instant. I do agree some of the more gourmet instant coffee is decent. But if you buy a cheap one it's regrets. Being Scottish I would probably just drink it until it's gone before buying a better one. 

Haha @RenFengge  i'm sorry! When it comes to coffee i'm not one to drink eat as I literally LOVE tea instead. My wife would probably just grounded beans but I just don't think she appreciates it as much as a few you people here do, to her own admission. At least its a decent one based on your approval though! The milk frother was the dealbreaker for her if i'm honest. I don't think its worth it without it.