Tanking 101

Nutcuttlit

Ok for those of you new to the game and needing a little bit of help with game mechanics I thought I'd break down my favourite role. . . The tank.

First and foremost this is not your typical mmo, there is no threat level for which to hold agro it is done by using taunting skills or certain weapons. Most taunting skills have a timer of 15 seconds this does not mean reapply after this time though YOU MUST do it again between 8-12 seconds. Too often you lose agro too late you lose it aswell so keep an eye on your timers.

Primarily the tanks role is "do everything" you are the squads CC and damage mitigation machine. Once you get used to the games mechanics with bosses and range of allied buffs and enemy debuffs you can reach god tier status.

My current build holds agro, does CC and chucks out AoE damage and heals. My health pool and resistance is still to be buffed but I take less damage when resing allies and can go full God mode because of my vamp ult. The tank is best practised stage by stage, firstly work on agro and facing enemies away from your team, then stack debuffs. If your being overwhelmed by aids your doing your job correctly. When in the centre of huge mob use a AoE stun or immobilizer that offers a synergy to provide a room broom effect. Remember you can get skills that buff your party but also heal you aswell, the healer will thank you for this as less babysitting will be required and they can focus on the DPS to keep them chucking out damage. You are the first and the last line of defense, you control the room and take everything on the chin do not be tempted to start attacking with lights constantly just weave in the odd heavy attack to regain resources between buffs/debuffs don't let your role slip away from you and your squad will slap most content right in the tits.

Thanks @Nutcuttlit , there's a shed ton of info there so trying to digest it now!

It might be a good to go one step further and break down each point:

- Agro

- CC (whats this? Crit damage?)

- AOE

- Healing

What would especially help is understanding 2 or 3 skills you each that you can work towards and store on the quick button menu.

Cheers Nutty!

On 9/5/2020 at 2:10 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks @Nutcuttlit , there's a shed ton of info there so trying to digest it now!

It might be a good to go one step further and break down each point:

- Agro

- CC (whats this? Crit damage?)

- AOE

- Healing

What would especially help is understanding 2 or 3 skills you each that you can work towards and store on the quick button menu.

Cheers Nutty!

@ChaosGladiator  is bang on cc is crowd control.

Agro is just keeping the enemies attentio solely on you. 

AOE is anything dropped on ground or surrounding your character, this can be damage over time or heal over time normal works on per second basis.

Healing can be direct to one or overtime to all.

Hope this helps.