GT Sport - FG Races

GazzaGarratt

Well, that didn't entirely go to plan but glad we managed to do both races in the end. Fair play to everyone racing on the big N, some very close racing that first lap, considering no-one really knew what was coming round each corner 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

All three races are decent this week so let's hope the game plays ball and lets us race😁

Gr.4     Autopolis

Gr.3     Lago Maggiore

Mazda Roadster     Suzuka 

You may need to buy the Mazda. It's a really nice car to race with IMO

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

It doesn’t seem that long ago since we did gr3 at lago maggiore.  Still is a good track so I don’t mind.  I don’t think I have the mazda so will have buy it ready.

That's true about Maggiore, so I'm happy to suggest another one, maybe one that doesn't appear often. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Good racing last night, I need to remember to set up the races so everyone gets over the line before it decides the result.

Listening to @GazzaGarrattrage about my corner cutting on Maggiore was worth the 0.5 second penalty😆

Apologies to @Spacedeck  and @Mikepjbell as I may have been a bit clumsy on occasion trying to pass or defend.

Great competition between @Grebothand @JBR-Kiwi , the two front runners on most tracks. 

Would it be better to suggest our own races from now? Could do it a week in advance so everyone has time to prepare and practice? That way we could do Qualifying and Races only, allowing extra time for more races?

Could do a spreadsheet so we don't repeat the same tracks too often. If we're feeling anal we could record all the times and finish places for posterity, though this could be a problem for Greebs already large head😉

Have a think and let me know.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, phil bottle said:

Good racing last night, I need to remember to set up the races so everyone gets over the line before it decides the result.

Listening to @GazzaGarrattrage about my corner cutting on Maggiore was worth the 0.5 second penalty😆

Apologies to @Spacedeck  and @Mikepjbell as I may have been a bit clumsy on occasion trying to pass or defend.

Great competition between @Grebothand @JBR-Kiwi , the two front runners on most tracks. 

Would it be better to suggest our own races from now? Could do it a week in advance so everyone has time to prepare and practice? That way we could do Qualifying and Races only, allowing extra time for more races?

Could do a spreadsheet so we don't repeat the same tracks too often. If we're feeling anal we could record all the times and finish places for posterity, though this could be a problem for Greebs already large head😉

I actually enjoyed the Gr1 race more than anything else last night so I'm more than happy for us to decide our own tracks and cars for each week as I'm sure we could come up with some interesting combinations! 

I've made the Gr.1 as follows:

Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi

It's 8 laps,  at around 2 minutes per lap, with fuel and tyre usage, plus requirement that at least one lap is in medium tyre.

So there will be at least one pit stop, possibly more depending on tactics😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, phil bottle said:

Man, I need to find more time to practice as i'm seriously losing time from a consistency POV. The rage was real! 🤣 Not sure what it is about this game but maybe because you have to be on it for every corner and straight, my own consistency just infuriates me. Top effort by @Spacedeck  too as he wiped the floor with me in both races. Maybe next time I can also have less distractions from the kids constantly getting out of bed too 😄

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I've made the Gr.1 as follows:

Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi

It's 8 laps,  at around 2 minutes per lap, with fuel and tyre usage, plus requirement that at least one lap is in medium tyre.

So there will be at least one pit stop, possibly more depending on tactics😉

Good idea Philly. I need to look into the Tourney application we've got here. It easily does leagues however not sure if it just works with 1v1 fixtures whereas we want scores like a leaderboard for each race. i'll check it out.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

21 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

I actually enjoyed the Gr1 race more than anything else last night so I'm more than happy for us to decide our own tracks and cars for each week as I'm sure we could come up with some interesting combinations! 

Interesting combinations like the 1969 Fiat 500 round the Nordeschlieffe? 😆

I do like Kyoto though only ever done it in gr3 and gr4 so going to be fun learning it in much faster gr1’s.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Okay, so from the three daily races this week,  two are for one make cars that probably no-one has, but there is a decent Gr.4 race at Brands Hatch so I'll add that to the calendar.

Also, I tested tyres and fuel for the Gr.1 race. It's an 8 lap race and fuel will last 4 laps. Some cars might need to manage fuel to get 4 laps.

Strategies for Gr.1 will be to either do a one stop, for fuel and tyres, or possibly a two stop, where you only use the mediums for one lap and come back in to change to super soft. The difference in lap time between super soft and medium tyres do make this a viable option. 

I also tried a few different cars, best laptime was a 1:58 but most were around the 2 minute mark.

I'm looking forward to it😎

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Very interesting racing last night. Enjoyed the Gr.1 very much although I clearly chose the wrong car. I won't mention my masochistic and catastrophic tyre choice in the race but I was happy with my qualifying time. Starting on the grid it was slightly demoralising to watch all the VGTs accelerate past me.

Some very tight racing between @Grebothand @JBR-Kiwi considering Kiwi only bought the VGT just before qualifying. Mind you, @GazzaGarratthad to earn a few hundred thousand before racing just to earn enough to buy a car, so fair play mate🤗

@Mikepjbell had similar pitstop issues as me, so i didn't have to spend too long looking at his arse.

The Gr.4 felt very slow, possibly should've done that one first😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Apologies for last night in the Gr4 race for just quitting and leaving.

Controller issues all evening  had been really getting to me, with it randomly twitching the car to the left or missing multiple gears at a time, which is why I was was rather quiet. It’s alright in the Gr1 where you can get away with it but not in the lower speed cars

When the TT had decided to go from 6th to 1st gear at paddock hill bend despite only clicking the button once, subsequently throwing me off the track I was about ready to spike the fucking thing through the floor so thought it best to go. 

APmVvKG.gif

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Very interesting racing last night. Enjoyed the Gr.1 very much although I clearly chose the wrong car. I won't mention my masochistic and catastrophic tyre choice in the race but I was happy with my qualifying time. Starting on the grid it was slightly demoralising to watch all the VGTs accelerate past me.

Some very tight racing between @Grebothand @JBR-Kiwi considering Kiwi only bought the VGT just before qualifying. Mind you, @GazzaGarratthad to earn a few hundred thousand before racing just to earn enough to buy a car, so fair play mate🤗

@Mikepjbell had similar pitstop issues as me, so i didn't have to spend too long looking at his arse.

The Gr.4 felt very slow, possibly should've done that one first😉

I enjoyed the night better, probably more so because of other people's musfortunes 😄 Although, for once, the race with pitstops and change of tyre required definitely added some extra excitement, panic and changing of orders. I'm glad I could at least feel like I was making progress in my first Gr.1 race. And I needed 990,000 coins before getting that bloomin' car just to race so i'm glad we have circuit experience races available to get money relatively quickly!

19 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Apologies for last night in the Gr4 race for just quitting and leaving.

Controller issues all evening  had been really getting to me, with it randomly twitching the car to the left or missing multiple gears at a time, which is why I was was rather quiet. It’s alright in the Gr1 where you can get away with it but not in the lower speed cars

When the TT had decided to go from 6th to 1st gear at paddock hill bend despite only clicking the button once, subsequently throwing me off the track I was about ready to spike the fucking thing through the floor so thought it best to go. 

Don't worry dude, considering how challenging we all want to be when racing, I can see why it would rage you. Whats your overall controller situation? Any spare ones?

44 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Sorry guys! I'm way too tired for this.  Waking up early to take daughter to school is kicking my arse.

Its all good mate - maybe next week see if you can join fo rthe first race perhaps and we'll try and make sure its done before 10pm or something? I felt like you were just getting into your groove too!

We'll probably do Willow Springs next week at Gr.3 as I think it's one where everyone has a chance to beat @Greboth

It's very straightforward to drive but you cannot fuck up, not once, otherwise it's a one way trip to the shadow realm.

I'll have a look at it today to see how many laps and how fuel and tyre choice can be used. I'm feeling adventurous. Sadistic, but yeah adventurous🙂

Any other requests?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yeah good luck with that 🤣 Willow springs in gr4 is great fun but can’t remember having done it in gr3.  Still a track I know well so I’m happy 😄 

I’ll post the results and my thoughts on last night later today.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png