Legacy Content Removal

J4MES OX4D

I am a bit out of the loop but I am hearing that Bungie will be removing huge parts of Destiny 2 including planets along with their content such as Raids and Strikes to make way for the new stuff. I'm not too worried about seeing some of the old stuff go although it's a shame we likely wont be able to access it again. Any word on what is actually being taken out? I still have to get Shadowkeep and I don't want to buy into that and then see them take it out. Don't think that will be chopped as it's newer and not vanilla though. 

32 minutes ago, Diddums said:

I thought they were chopping the game up in to pieces, so you can still access the stuff, you just need to load up a whole different "game"? 

I've done a bit of further reading (can't believe I missed all this form June) and it appears the stuff will be taken out of the game and placed in a 'Content Vault' on Bungie's end which cannot be accessed by players. They can then bring it back in the future and build upon it if they wish. The content itself is completely removed from players along with files attributed to it. Here's the list of stuff being taken out and apologies if it's already been posted elsewhere in this forum:-

• Planets/Ships
    • Io
    • Leviathan
    • Mercury
    • Mars
    • Titan
  • Raids
    • Crown of Sorrow
    • Eater of Worlds
    • Leviathan
    • Scourge of the past
    • Spire of the Stars
  • Strikes
    • A Garden World
    • Festering Core
    • Tree of Probabilities
    • The Pyramidion
    • Savathun’s Song
    • Strange Terrain
    • Will of the Thousands
  • Activities
    • Curse of Osiris Missions
    • Menagerie
    • Warmind Missions
    • Crucible Maps
  • Altar of Flame
    • The Burnout
    • Convergence
    • Emperor’s Respite
    • Javelin-4
    • Meltdown
    • Pacifica
    • Retribution
    • Solitude
    • Wormhaven
  • Gambit Maps
    • Deep Six
    • New Arcadia

Its all going into the 'Destiny Content Vault' as is all other Destiny 1 things are.

This has been my most concerning element of the entire update coming in November. I suppose that would be obvious if you heard just 'content being removed' but its specifically whats being removed in the endgame that i really worry about. Raids wise, 5 will go. Yes, a few were initially classed as raid 'lairs' however thinking how we used to experienced raids they really are just similar to old D1 raids in the past that we enjoyed running e.g. Crota. With 5 going and 2 being available from launch (Garden and the new one thats redacted) I worry how people will perceive this - i mean, the flip side is people moan about endgame content but in reality most of them won't even attempt one.

Regardless, for people that make this game their main hobby I do wonder how they will roll out the content moving forward as what will determine if people stay is if there is enough new stuff for people to do and look towards. I'm hyped about Vault of Glass coming back...just hope its not the last time we see Menagerie and other large activities. One thing is for sure - we absolutely NEED more activities in larger parties that are easily accessible. Not just raids, go and make Patrol 6 player teams at least.

The one thing in its favour is if you are removing this much content, they know as a developer there must be huge significant changes incoming, including lots of new content to be had. They've had this dream of live large MMO battles and there is one theory that they have to redo all the planets in this new way to allow them to cope with more than just 9 Guardians in any instance you are playing in the live world. THIS is what keeps me going. Yeah we might get those planets back, we might not. But lets face it, we all look forward to brand new stuff than recycled improved elements.

They sure love doing the things to annoy us most, but then drag us back in with improved content nearly every time.