33 yr old Filipino Female looking for...

craftofboredom

Friends to play games with! 😁 PC and Switch are my weapon.

No seriously, just friends. lol. I've already got my partner to look after. I don't need another one. 😂

Been playing games since I was a kid.

Dr Mario, Pacman and Pinball on the family computer. 

Pokemon on my red Gameboy. That was fun to play in black and white. 

Our first PC back in 1995, I remember playing Heretic (was only 8 and terrified of this game) , Hocus Pocus and of course, Windows Solitaire. 

Skipped gaming when I was growing up as a teenager because... hormones. enough said. (But, I still played Snake on my Nokia 5110)

Got older (not wiser), but revisited gaming again.

Nintendo DS came into my life and Pokemon re-revisited me along with Harvest Moon. 

Minecraft was amazing when it came to mobile and I gave that a whirl.

Then I discovered Stardew Valley on Steam.

This opened the doors to heavier games and I found out I like survival games. Not the dying part, but the bit where I don't die. 

Now I play 7 Days to Die, some Ark, Minecraft (never gets old), The Long Dark, Killing Floor, etc.

I sometimes play Story games like Life is Strange and Deponia. 

Tavern Tycoon and Hospital Tycoon are good ones too.

The Switch was then invented so I had to get that, obviously.

Played Dragon Quest Builders 2 (cuter version of Minecraft with an actual story and RPG style)

I played Nino Kuni (Wrath of the White Witch) and most recently played Dragon Quest XI.

I still have Zelda Breath of the Wild and Zelda Links Awakening to play.

On my Steam, I've got too many games and not enough time to play all of it.

I probably have enough games to last me until I retire. lol. 

Or I just end up playing the same game over and over again. Re-play-ability baby.

Anyway, I'll love you and leave you before I don't stop. Have a nice day guys!

Thanks! 🙂

I'm from Manila so the busiest and the capital.

Moved to the UK when I was around 17.
Are you Filipino too? Have you been to the Philippines?

I love Adobo with rice! haha.

Have you tried chicken Adobo yet? What about Tocino? 

My brother-in-law moved to the Philippines about 10 or 12 years ago.  He married a Filipino woman, they've got two kids and live near Calauan, Laguana.  I went there about 5 years ago, stayed for 2 weeks.  I loved it.  It was beautiful and the people were very kind.  I enjoyed it a lot and plan to go back again in the next few years.  

Chicken adobo is awesome too.  We make it at my house all the time.  I have not had Tocino, but I'd love to try it.  It sounds great!  I really like Lumpia though!  We make that here too.  Good food!!!  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Welcome to the forums and nice intro! Have you got a name or nickname we can use? The guy above is Tommy and I’m Dave. We’re probably one of the friendliest parts of the Interwebz so hopefully you’ll enjoy your stay here

If you’ve had a trawl through the site you’ll see that we have quite a few game specific areas and we also have a few servers as well, one of which is for Minecraft..we play modpacks and @Grebothis the admin for that as well as being the fount of all MC knowledge. We use Discord if we want to actually talk in game or just use the in-game chat facility 

Hopefully catch you around and, as I said earlier, enjoy your stay! 👍😊

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

What a fantastic intro, lovely start to your membership here, welcome aboard 😄

I absolutely loved Heretic, a friend of mine’s parents had a 486 DX100 which could run it, we took turns into playing, it was such a cool game. 

I can’t remember much of Hocus Pocus unfortunately but I did play it a fair amount foo. 

You came at the perfect time as @tronic44 has kindly rented a 7D2D server for us which a few of us play on quite a bit, so drop me a PM if you’re up for it and I’ll send you the deets. 

Hope you enjoy your time with us here, it’s honestly one of the best gaming communities in the world 😎

banlol.png

Awesome start Anna @craftofboredom , loved reading that this morning! I always envy people that had Pokemon when they were young as I seemed to miss that even though I had a Gameboy too. Survival games, eh? Well, this place seems to be picking up more and more of them over recent times, like @Diddums and @Plumbers Crack  have said we have great awesome people here so we can play on our own FG servers. I think you've found the 7DTD thread already but make sure you find the Minecraft one too, be cool to get another bod on board!

Two Point Hospital is an awesome game that i've been waiting for since Theme Hospital years and years ago, you tried that?

Take a look around, get involved where you can/want to and hope you your stay at FG 😎

@BO7H B4RRELS , sounds to be you've got some great Filipino food influences. We Filipinos do love our food. Even if you're not hungry, we insist that you eat and it's rude the refuse. lol. Definitely try the Tocino one day if you get the chance. My stepdad is Scottish and Tocino is his favourite Filipino dish. 

@Plumbers Crack , I do play Minecraft with mods on every now and again but recently been playing more vanilla since there has been a few big updates. It's been awhile since I last played with Mods although always ready to give it a go. My favourite Mod is the Skyblock one.  Do you also play on Bedrock or strictly Java? I am a noob with playing with other people and mostly play with my housemates. It would be great to play with more people. Definitely interested in joining Discord. How do I join in? 🙂 

@GazzaGarratt, I actually own Two Point Hospital on Steam and it's in my list of games to play. I normally check out for sales on Steam and on CDKeys. I've seen Two Point hospital on there a few times so maybe you can grab a bargain if you keep an eye out for it. 

@Diddums, I would love to have another crack on Heretic.  My older brother always took the mickey and scared me whilst I played. I think I would be equally as scared now as I was when I was 8. 😂 Will DM you now for the 7D2D server! That is probably the one I'm most excited about. 

@phil bottle, I believe the gaming community went crazy when lockdown happened. There was no break from the lockdown for me so my game list has remained the same. I will get there eventually. 

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the warm welcome and will catch you around the site, discord or servers. 🙂

Also, my name is Anna. 🙂

1 hour ago, craftofboredom said:

@Diddums, I would love to have another crack on Heretic.  My older brother always took the mickey and scared me whilst I played. I think I would be equally as scared now as I was when I was 8. 😂 Will DM you now for the 7D2D server! That is probably the one I'm most excited about. 

Heretic & Hexen are £6 on Steam 🙂 

banlol.png

2 hours ago, craftofboredom said:

@Plumbers Crack , I do play Minecraft with mods on every now and again but recently been playing more vanilla since there has been a few big updates. It's been awhile since I last played with Mods although always ready to give it a go. My favourite Mod is the Skyblock one.  Do you also play on Bedrock or strictly Java? I am a noob with playing with other people and mostly play with my housemates. It would be great to play with more people. Definitely interested in joining Discord. How do I join in? 🙂 

We're Java here and currently have FTB Revelations running on the server..we had Skyblock running last year and I managed to get a complete collection of chickens which was quite handy! - I can imagine some of the wtf?!? faces being pulled as the others read this 🤣 Discord is a PC programme that let's PC users with headset and mic talk to each other, handy for in game as typing messages in MC can be a grind especially if you're trying to do something. It's worth checking out - any problems and the PC guys here will sort it out for you. If you want to try the server PM @Greboth for the details

Hi and welcome to the forum 🙂

As Plumber Dave said, Discord is great when playing on PC and for discussing Minecraft things.  There's a link to the FG discord at the top of the forum so you should be able to click that and join our discord server 🙂

As for Minecraft, we have played a skyblock (Sky Factory 3) but, again, as Dave says we're currently playing FTB Revalations.  There's a couple of threads in the Minecraft section about setting up mods and the server details.  Unfortunately I'm rushing out right now but I'll find the links to the specific posts later.  If you can post (or pm me if you'd prefer) your minecraft username I will get you whitelisted on the server.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

Heretic & Hexen are £6 on Steam 🙂 

I think I’ve told you about this site before.....but they’re also free to play, with saves, on playclassic.com.  I forgot all about Heretic and Hexen.  Remember Blake Stone lol?  

The amount of old PC games that you can play on that website is pretty insane.

1 hour ago, McNasty said:

I think I’ve told you about this site before.....but they’re also free to play, with saves, on playclassic.com.  I forgot all about Heretic and Hexen.  Remember Blake Stone lol?  

UTbHSI8.png

Feds must've got hold of them. Can probably find them elsewhere tbh. Never heard of Blake Stone, a quick google looks like it runs on the same engine so it must be pretty decent. 

banlol.png

5 hours ago, McNasty said:

OMG, How is it possible that I only found out about this now?!? Thank you soooooooooo much! 🤪

@Diddums, try 

twitter.jpg
PLAYCLASSIC.GAMES

Play the best DOS or classic console games here, in a web browser!

5 hours ago, Greboth said:

Hi and welcome to the forum 🙂

As Plumber Dave said, Discord is great when playing on PC and for discussing Minecraft things.  There's a link to the FG discord at the top of the forum so you should be able to click that and join our discord server 🙂

As for Minecraft, we have played a skyblock (Sky Factory 3) but, again, as Dave says we're currently playing FTB Revalations.  There's a couple of threads in the Minecraft section about setting up mods and the server details.  Unfortunately I'm rushing out right now but I'll find the links to the specific posts later.  If you can post (or pm me if you'd prefer) your minecraft username I will get you whitelisted on the server.

My housemate has played FTB Revelations but I have never tried it before. 

Sure, my username is craftofboredom on MC. 🙂

I'll be a proper noob on this one, but at least I know how to punch trees.

6 hours ago, Diddums said:

UTbHSI8.png

Feds must've got hold of them. Can probably find them elsewhere tbh. Never heard of Blake Stone, a quick google looks like it runs on the same engine so it must be pretty decent. 

That’s strange man it’s still active and I’m right in the middle of leisure suit Larry 4, and just started Indiana Jones Atlantis.  As long as it works I’ll keep coming back.  I’m not a torrent guy or whatever the hell that stuff is......just randomly came across this site that hosts a web based emulator (I think that’s what it’s called), and I’ve played through probably 30-40 games.  Monkey island series, kings quests, whatever.  I don’t really give a shit about the legality I already bought all those games I’m just revisiting them because my PC doesn’t have a slot for floppy disks lol 

13 hours ago, craftofboredom said:

I'll be a proper noob on this one, but at least I know how to punch trees.

We can always arrange for a welcome pack like the posh holiday homes do so you don't hurt your hands too much!..you know, some nice food, maybe a few picks and shovels, some armour 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

We can always arrange for a welcome pack like the posh holiday homes do so you don't hurt your hands too much!..you know, some nice food, maybe a few picks and shovels, some armour 🤣🤣

Well, I'm kind of fed up with all the apples I'm getting from punching trees. I stole some bread from a villager and that was nice.

One time, I even stole leather armour! it was me or the blacksmith so I had to choose for survival. 😝

I would like some of that please. 😂 Then we can go swimming with the dolphins. Why not?!? 

1 hour ago, craftofboredom said:

Well, I'm kind of fed up with all the apples I'm getting from punching trees. I stole some bread from a villager and that was nice.

One time, I even stole leather armour! it was me or the blacksmith so I had to choose for survival. 😝

I would like some of that please. 😂 Then we can go swimming with the dolphins. Why not?!? 

When you have a base or spawn point with a bed post up the x,z,y co-ords and I'll sort some stuff out for you. Bonus for playing on our server is you keep your inventory on death, which has saved me more than once!

If you're on when either Greb or I are on will give you base tours...Greb's into nuclear reactors and I prefer solar energy. You may also bump into @datfroggieguy  who jumps on sometimes... @GazzaGarrattalso may make an appearance before 2021 😘

A little later than planned but here you go @craftofboredom I have whitelisted you too, so you can join the server whenever you want.

Setting up modded Minecraft using Multi MC (and other details:

Out server details:

And finally, some guides I wrote on modded Minecraft.  A little out of date but most still apply and can help you get set up.

Any questions just ask 🙂

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png