Nvidia RTX 3090 / 3000 Range

J4MES OX4D

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

1286901601_3090timeme.thumb.jpg.3eb3fc5e4d353458a473179fa898ccc3.jpg

Meme had to be done.

Paging @Plumbers Crack looks like you've got an upgrade to do 😄

😂😂😂😂 I think not but I can recommend the 3090 as an alternative method of heating gaming rooms!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 1/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

😂😂😂😂 I think not but I can recommend the 3090 as an alternative method of heating gaming rooms!!

Having had the boiler break last week, I can confirm even my comparatively low end gpu is good for heating too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Here we go 

MJ7dMoKier47QUfaxQSEJL-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Will Jensen's well-appointed kitchen be the location?

Meanwhile most people are still struggling to get a 30 series card. EZ money for Nvidia too and they wont give a toss who's hands their cards end up in as long as they get a fat payday. 

Yeah, one of the long term benefits of owning a PC was that over it's lifetime, while the initial expense was higher than buying a console, the cheaper availability of games made it affordable. I don't know about that any more. When I get my Steam Deck I will consider how I go about future PC upgrades, if I even continue. Will see...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 5/16/2022 at 10:47 AM, phil bottle said:

Yeah, one of the long term benefits of owning a PC was that over it's lifetime, while the initial expense was higher than buying a console, the cheaper availability of games made it affordable. I don't know about that any more. When I get my Steam Deck I will consider how I go about future PC upgrades, if I even continue. Will see...

I didn't think of it like this but now you mention it, you could say that PCs are going the way of pricing themselves out of the market of the core gamer. It is far cheaper to buy a PS5 or Xbox, even if their prices feel quite high. And with many top end games needing later generational cards to get the graphics that people wanna see it does make me wonder why they haven't made a kind of 'budget' graphics card that could be very marketable right about now.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

it does make me wonder why they haven't made a kind of 'budget' graphics card that could be very marketable right about now

'Budget' isn't the problem though, the RRP of GPU's honestly isn't too bad with a 3080 only being ~£100 more than a 1080.  Third party manufacturers have always been more but the problem is that even the "budget" ones are £150-£200 over RRP with some getting close to double RRP.  Yet a lot of cards are out of stock because people are still buying them.  So make an actual budget card, or price as such, when you can double your profit on all your cards. 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

'Budget' isn't the problem though, the RRP of GPU's honestly isn't too bad with a 3080 only being ~£100 more than a 1080.  Third party manufacturers have always been more but the problem is that even the "budget" ones are £150-£200 over RRP with some getting close to double RRP.  Yet a lot of cards are out of stock because people are still buying them.  So make an actual budget card, or price as such, when you can double your profit on all your cards. 

Sorry, I meant I get that why companies would cash in - this is more just the moral side of it, which will never win out 😄 As of now, 3080s cost around £100 more than a current gen console. That is the graphics card alone. I suppose my point is, like many that we have here, people want to play PC games but PC bundles just aren't as accessible to budgets these days. And when you get one, they're so worried about games not being able to be supported. A console is plug and play, and far cheaper. From a gamers perspective of course as there's many other reasons to have a PC too.

15 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I see less hardware in homes going forward in general, with Xbox and others letting you play via games on TV app. etc Which, environmentally, is no bad thing tbf...

Its a horrible but necessary balance from an environmental standpoint, agreed. Just something makes me sad that we literally have to get rid of everything in replace of a digital cloud.

PCs will remain king for many years though with young folk looking at Cryptoballs and YouTube rendering.