Nvidia RTX 3090 / 3000 Range

J4MES OX4D

25 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm new to the GPU game.   The 2060 Super is the only GPU I've ever purchased. 

Any idea how long I can expect it to last me?  

Till it burns out Tommy or you get a dose of Mustupgradeitis....speaking of which <scuttles off to piggy bank>

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Cmon Tommy, you know better than to ask these questions. It all depends on what you play, what resolution, what graphics settings and what you'd consider a playable framerate. 

Off the cuff I'd say another two years easily provided you're not expecting 100fps @4k on everything in a couple of years time. 

This new 3k series of cards are looking good. Everyone's raving about them because they're such a huge leap above the 2080ti, however I think this says more about the 2080ti than it does about the 3k series. The difference between the 2080ti and the 1080ti is pretty much negligible, whereas the difference between the 980ti and the 1080ti is massive, the same again between the 2080ti and the 3080. It's always been like this with Nvidia, massive upgrade ---> mediocre upgrade ---> massive upgrade ---> mediocre upgrade. 

AMD has been awfully quiet during all this, I can't wait to see what the 6 series cards offer. With them shitting all over Intel they've likely been able to plough a fucktonne of wedge in to R&D in to their GPU arm. We can only hope it pays off. Never know with AMD, it could be an absolute stonker, or it could be another Radeon 7. 

banlol.png

2 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

If you're gaming in 1080p then it'll last many more years but if it's 1440p then the card will probably only have another couple before you'll be gaming with barebone settings and missing out on all the lavish new graphical features. If you go up to a 3070 then that'll give you a good few years of 2K at the very least with a strong performance return and the RTX extras.  

Bump

Am I going to need to upgrade my entire PC to make use of the new Nvidia cards ?

I kind of dont see the point in getting one if I'm going to need a new PS, motherboard and a whole bunch of other stuff to upgrade properly and make the most of it.

Is there any site where you can plug in your current components and it will tell you if they are compatible etc ?

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

23 hours ago, Dr Diamond said:

Bump

Am I going to need to upgrade my entire PC to make use of the new Nvidia cards ?

I kind of dont see the point in getting one if I'm going to need a new PS, motherboard and a whole bunch of other stuff to upgrade properly and make the most of it.

Is there any site where you can plug in your current components and it will tell you if they are compatible etc ?

Any graphics card will plug in to any motherboard provided the physical space is there. They all run on PCI-E protocols so they're all the same. Your PSU is likely to be strong enough too, but for the sake of ruling it out, post up what case you have any PSU and we can tell you. 

That's if you can get your hands on one, the 3000 series cards are fucking impossible to get hold of atm.

banlol.png

So since having a fully built monster of a pc now. Specs are 

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix b550-e

CPU-Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU-Asus ROG Strix 3080

Ram- 32gb of dual channel g skill rgb 

Storage - 1 tb of western digital 3.0 nvme

1 tb of ssd storage

Cooling lian li uni fans also a 240mm lian li galahad aio

Case- lian li lancool2 with upgraded to a mesh style case. 

20210130_172200.jpg

On 1/29/2021 at 12:07 PM, J4MES OX4D said:
WzAAuMfJMsEefQQcLL6An-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Rumoured GPU is back, this time with detailed specs and benchmarks.

I imagine the 3080 is the one to look out for this year considering how much lack of 3090's are about?...and then you have the scalpers to contend with.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:07 PM, Diddums said:

Any graphics card will plug in to any motherboard provided the physical space is there. They all run on PCI-E protocols so they're all the same. Your PSU is likely to be strong enough too, but for the sake of ruling it out, post up what case you have any PSU and we can tell you. 

That's if you can get your hands on one, the 3000 series cards are fucking impossible to get hold of atm.

I have a 550W Seasonic focus +

Not sure i really need anything more than 3070, i suspect that will be more than good enough. 

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

25 minutes ago, Dr Diamond said:

I have a 550W Seasonic focus +

Not sure i really need anything more than 3070, i suspect that will be more than good enough. 

The 3070 will draw between 450 and 500W. I'd recommend a 650W PSU minimum to be safe. 

If you can find a 3070 that is😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm currently running my machine in the middle ground. Not pushing it to hard I want to get the longevity out of it. Taking care of my investment I think will be the best case scenario but anyone looking to upgrade like everyone else, I'd say wait. 

1. Invidia is planning on the 4000 series cards already set to release next year.

2. Amd is also set to release other forms of newer cards this year as well making the population of cards go wild. I feel the market will be flooded by the end of the year.

3. Think about your all around build sure my build is capable of 4k and doing monster workstation and rendering but think about how the market works for pc, just like consoles they will always improve on a new generation rename it and make more off it so be patient and get deals worth your money and time not just your wallet, you'll be more happy with it in the long run.