FIFA 20 - FG Pro Clubs

GazzaGarratt

Was good fun, I kind expected it to be a disaster but we played quite well 😂 @GazzaGarratt I would advise watching a quick video on all the little tips like finness shots, lobbed through balls etc 

cba

Just now, LordBaguette said:

Was good fun, I kind expected it to be a disaster but we played quite well 😂@GazzaGarratt I would advise watching a quick video on all the little tips like finness shots, lobbed through balls etc 

Find some and make a new thread with some tips for me, you know you want to 😘

Its been literally years since i've played FIFA, the only thing I wished was they didn't put all that skill rubbish in it but its the sign of the times I suppose (sorry, I mean rattle the Right Analog stick any old way and hope it makes a good skill turn)

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Find some and make a new thread with some tips for me, you know you want to 😘

Its been literally years since i've played FIFA, the only thing I wished was they didn't put all that skill rubbish in it but its the sign of the times I suppose (sorry, I mean rattle the Right Analog stick any old way and hope it makes a good skill turn)

Been skills in fifa for 10+ years though. Just learn how to roll the ball and do a fake shot. All you need

cba

On 8/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, LordBaguette said:

Been skills in fifa for 10+ years though. Just learn how to roll the ball and do a fake shot. All you need

Good efficient effort for helping me with a bunch of tips there Tom 🤣 I'll start a new thread...and i'll try and find some positional ones for you 😉

On 8/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Good efficient effort for helping me with a bunch of tips there Tom 🤣 I'll start a new thread...and i'll try and find some positional ones for you 😉

Pointless just youtube it, dont need a whole thread for it

cba

52 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

Pointless just youtube it, dont need a whole thread for it

I'll remember that after you're out of position again 43 times and you've watched all the youtube videos thats been recommended to you 😎 Thanks for being committed to the cause, Thomas 🥺

We won league 10! YEAAHHHHH!

yeah GIF

It was probably a different array of results last night and a little less success with @ChaosGladiator , @LordBaguette  and myself through the spine of the team. I think when there is 3 of us, we got hit hard by other teams that had an 'Any' player set because our AI defenders are crap! Having said that, some fantastic goals from Diego Forlan and Archibald Meatpants as we managed to get the point we needed from our remaining games in a 2-2 draw after losing the first late game late on 2-1.

Division 9 seemed to be hitting us hard with loads of crossed goals going in and without someone strong at the back we were struggling for the first few games. A magical game turned our fortunes with the strikeforce back at it and a 4-0 win secured a first points, followed by a bizarre next win. The opposition scored within 5 minutes and we thought our luck immediately ran out again, only for the opponents to leave and secure us 2 wins on the bounce. I'd like to put on record, this was my best performance of the night 😎😬

We all felt that momentum/scripting took over somewhat because the final 2 games of the night were our best link up play and overall performances. You wouldn't have believed that from the scorelines of 3-0 and 2-1 defeats though. We just couldn't get that final shot troubling the keeper much and one breakaway seemed to sucker punch us hard.

Still, a great laugh as per the week before so i'm already looking ahead to next week's. Btw, im open to playing more on other nights too. I think as long as we have 3 we should keep trying but i know we'll have more next time round as others couldn't make yesterday. Plus, I hear we might've secured the services of Sean @Glen11  for next time so its great to see the FG squad increasing and improving!

Lets also try and get one extra night in over the next few weeks where we can just try the cup run too! FG Rovers/United/Hotspurs charging on for the cup (likely losing the first game 2-0 but hey, we can always dream, right?)

Looking forward to tonight tbh! Quite a few of us on and i've got the footy game bug back!

@G_dub52  i'm up for asking about other nights too so we'll see what the others say 😁

What a Monday Night Football last night was! 6 of us turned up and we're all feeling quite positive about the night ahead. We started out needing 4 points from 4 games in our first season in Division 9 to win the league. No problem, right?

How wrong were we!

Pat McGroin @jordie1892  and Fellaini @G_dub52  both had sendings off in our first games whilst we continued to get absolutely battered and punished every time we went forward. Sometimes it felt harsh but I suppose this is FIFA and it doesn't care about our fragile feelings 😬 Constantly not getting breaks in front of the goal, although I think for the first 4 games we were just happy to make certain tackles and little passes as we are so easily pleased. New signings Sean @Glen11  and Mikey @moir17 were finally getting into their stride, all to no avail for this season though as we lost the final 4 games and just survived relegation.

I think 4 games seem to be our warm-up for each session because after the season finished we went on an absolute stormer of results, playing some sultry and exquisite football along the way. We managed to finish the season as Champions of Division 9, winning 5 and only losing 2 with some huge scorelines as you can see below!

image.png

So much laughs along the way, a phrase that Sean might regret he even said (we might still get it printed on a shirt, like George said!), Sebba @ChaosGladiator leading the frontline and eventually banging the goals in left, right and centre with the might Forlan (never gonna get tired of screaming his name now!), and some hilarious one-twos happening all over the shop - George playing one with our own crossbar and Mikey with an open goal using a opposition defender to do a quick one-two and somehow getting it back!

I need to try and get all the snippets from the videos to try and put together, it would be a great montage - even I scored last night, and it was absolute bullet volley!

Lets try and get another night going too, I think most enjoyed it. We mentioned Weds night although i'd be on late (around 9.30) but that doesn't stop you all from getting on. I'll stick up an event for us shotly when I get more time away from work.

GGFG @ChaosGladiator  @jordie1892  @G_dub52  @Glen11  @Moir17

Was great fun last night, even with a bit of a rocky start 😅 Formation change seemed to help and maybe we just needed some games to warm up, but we definetly ended the night on a high. GG FG FC 😂

I have set this up weekly in the calendar now. 

I look forward to contributing very little to our promotion efforts again next week! Love these Monday nights at the minute 😄

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

15 hours ago, G_dub52 said:

I have set this up weekly in the calendar now. 

I look forward to contributing very little to our promotion efforts again next week! Love these Monday nights at the minute 😄

I've had to remove the weekly update as there seems a bug with it and the RSVP feature (essentially it works the first week but then if different people make the second one you can't click anything). Thank you though bud! I think if we keep adding one each week, or at least a few in advance it'll keep it fresh in our minds to go for glory once again! Missed Fellaini throwing in the tackles this week!🤣

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've had to remove the weekly update as there seems a bug with it and the RSVP feature (essentially it works the first week but then if different people make the second one you can't click anything). Thank you though bud! I think if we keep adding one each week, or at least a few in advance it'll keep it fresh in our minds to go for glory once again! Missed Fellaini throwing in the tackles this week!🤣

No issues dude 🙂 i just want this to keep going! Haha 

Might change the Fellaini look this week. Wonder if they do a Sean Paul vibe?🤣

58 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

No issues dude 🙂 i just want this to keep going! Haha 

Oh absolutely fella! Its just annoying we have a bug with it at the moment cos it would be way easier how you did it.

59 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

Might change the Fellaini look this week. Wonder if they do a Sean Paul vibe?🤣

ffs, i think we all need to change it up so it messes with the opponents eyesight 🤣

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to FIFA 20 - FG Pro Clubs

It was role reversal of fortunes on Monday Night Football for FGFC, whilst we had a biggest turn out of the season so far with 7 of us playing for most of the night.

Usually we get off to a poor start for about 5 games which wasn't the case at all as we shot out of the blocks with goals. Big bad Baz, Barry Ferguson @Glen11  changed his player up to be a massive target man alongside Forlan and boy it turned into a masterstoke as his nimble quick feet and 3 star weak left foot were banging the goals in 🤣😎 The spin and volley goal was unreal. Winning the first game 5-3, secured promotion and unfortunately we just couldn't turn the final game into a win after leading 1-0 (eventually losing 2-1) in our last game in Division 8.

We were all feeling confident going into Division 7, after the passing and goals were already flowing nicely. However we were brought down with a bump as the opponents got a little tougher and we just started leaking goals pretty easily. We tried a 3-5-2 to start but we got opened up too much and moved quickly to the back 4 we were used to. We had a few bad games in the middle of the session, especially one where we all pushed the keeper to try and pass the ball out a 34 times which meant for some hilarious scrambling around and defending. Pat @jordie1892  McGroin trying to do his best in the m

We managed to turn a couple of results around before the end of the night as we lost a few people to internet issues and shifts the next day but we are teetering on the brink of relegation if we can't bring it back next time online. Still, some amazing goals scored by everyone. Some ripper shots from 4 yards out that slowly passed the keeper too 🤣

Fingers crossed for better results next time but it was still such a good laugh, especially getting 7 of us on the pitch. 

GGFG all @G_dub52  @ChaosGladiator  @jordie1892  @LordBaguette  @Glen11  @Mikey

Agreed GGFG! Next time I will stay off the beer as my form definitely declined the less I could see/move my hands properly. 

Can't wait for the next games!

1 hour ago, Macca89 said:

I'm definitely down for joining!!!

Got an 88 rated player and can play anywhere in midfield or upfront.

Do you guys just play on Mondays or other days too? 

RSVP to the event in the calendar dude and then join the guys at 8 o'clock 🙂

2 hours ago, Macca89 said:

I'm definitely down for joining!!!

Got an 88 rated player and can play anywhere in midfield or upfront.

Do you guys just play on Mondays or other days too? 

Nice one Macca, you should get yourself an Intro down here in the Intros section so we can all say hi properly!

Btw, we aren't the sweaty type. I mean, we like to try and win ofc but its just a good laugh more than anything. Don't expect Ronaldo's at every corner 🤣

An absolute disaster struck us all on Monday Night Football this week. We just couldn't get the rub off the green in any game. At one point we managed to take the salvage a point at the death of a back and forward game, 3-3 I believe AND they had players sent off. Only for FIFA momentum/scripting to absolute sucker punch us in the dick as they swept through our Grandad slow AI defence at 94 minutes gone and stab the ball in the net. The beauty of our FIFA nights though is that we were laughing our asses off at it because we couldn't believe what was going on.

After managing to stay in Division 7 after playing one game, we played out an entire season that ended with 5 points; W1 D2 L6 therefore ending the night in relegation back into Division 8. Probably what we needed really because the teams we are coming up against have speed ninjas at every corner and we kept getting caught by a simple long ball from the keeper to their fast forward/winger that easily slipped by the AI defence and scored some goals.

Our last few games leaked less goals due to us putting a CDM's in and we were very conscious of pushing one of us back on our own attacking corners so we didn't get caught out. Even Pat McGroin couldn't save us from the Relegation Zone though. Highlight of the night was Big Bad Barry Ferguson @Glen11  kept the goalscoring records up by scoring a gluttony of goals through the night. A season back in Division 8 allowing us all to get more skill points should help no end as the free flowing football we are playing of late is definitely the way to go. Maybe a few more shots along the way so we don't turn into that 'Perfect Football' Arsenal side back when Wenger was in charge!

Good effort everyone, sometimes you luck isn't in but high hopes for next time! GGFGFC @jordie1892  @ChaosGladiator  @LordBaguette  @Glen11

59 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

An absolute disaster struck us all on Monday Night Football this week. We just couldn't get the rub off the green in any game. At one point we managed to take the salvage a point at the death of a back and forward game, 3-3 I believe AND they had players sent off. Only for FIFA momentum/scripting to absolute sucker punch us in the dick as they swept through our Grandad slow AI defence at 94 minutes gone and stab the ball in the net. The beauty of our FIFA nights though is that we were laughing our asses off at it because we couldn't believe what was going on.

After managing to stay in Division 7 after playing one game, we played out an entire season that ended with 5 points; W1 D2 L6 therefore ending the night in relegation back into Division 8. Probably what we needed really because the teams we are coming up against have speed ninjas at every corner and we kept getting caught by a simple long ball from the keeper to their fast forward/winger that easily slipped by the AI defence and scored some goals.

Our last few games leaked less goals due to us putting a CDM's in and we were very conscious of pushing one of us back on our own attacking corners so we didn't get caught out. Even Pat McGroin couldn't save us from the Relegation Zone though. Highlight of the night was Big Bad Barry Ferguson @Glen11  kept the goalscoring records up by scoring a gluttony of goals through the night. A season back in Division 8 allowing us all to get more skill points should help no end as the free flowing football we are playing of late is definitely the way to go. Maybe a few more shots along the way so we don't turn into that 'Perfect Football' Arsenal side back when Wenger was in charge!

Good effort everyone, sometimes you luck isn't in but high hopes for next time! GGFGFC @jordie1892  @ChaosGladiator  @LordBaguette  @Glen11

Nevermind guys! It's always a laugh and we will dominate division 8 again this week 😄 

See you all pitchside on Monday GGFG

Must say I really enjoyed last night guys! Well apart from getting sent off, the decision to have my red card overturned is currently on appeal and with The Pro Clubs FA at this present moment in time! I feel very hard done by and want to be back helping the team achieve another promotion ASAP! GGFG!!!! 

It was a super night on Monday, which started with you as our star new signing @Macca89 , that we've already dubbed Sevie McManaman (even though you're a true red devil at heart!). Looking forward to seeing the big golden curly locks next Monday 🤣

4 of us took on the challenge this week of getting us all out of Division 8 after our relegation last season. We thought it might've been one of those evenings again after seeing a multitude of shots fly at the opposition goal only for wonder AI keeper AKA Gordon Banks save the lot. We ended up with the first game around 15/16 shots on goal and 13 on target....and we still ended up losing to good old FIFA mechanics - and they had a man sent off! However, the way we were playing and passing the ball around gave us a good feeling.

Macca was upfront with Sebba Forlan @ChaosGladiator  with George @G_dub52  pushing up to be CAM whilst I sat in the LM/CDM role that Pat McGroin usually sits in and does the job so well. Goals galore all night with Macca hitting top form with his first goals for the club and Forlan finding his shooting boots once more with Barry Ferguson @Glen11  missing, it didn't seem to hurt us too much.

After 2 wins we were unlucky to hit a few teams where by shots didn't hit the target and passes were falling in-between our own players much to our frustration. But we were back on track with the results come game6 of the season, finishing the up with 2 wins and 2 draws. Meatpants has turned into Garry Goals @LordBaguette  over the last few game nights and his contribution was helpful in the last few games turning up, even if his always never-say-die, uber positive attitude shone through like every MNF. 😄

Overall season - 4W 2D 4L = 14 points, 1 point of winning the title but more importantly Promotion back to Division 7!!

FG Results Div8 20201005.jpg

Our overall record isn't too bad, i'm sure we'd love to have mroe wins than losses but that'll come. I'm super happy just the fact we're all having a hilarious time online and playing together. There isn't any sweatiness, just a good, fun and banter atmosphere that we get to enjoy even the top tackles or an amazing volley that just goes wide.

Roll on Division 7 again! GGFGFC @Macca89  @ChaosGladiator  @G_dub52  @LordBaguette  @jordie1892  @Glen11