FIFA 20 - FG Pro Clubs

GazzaGarratt

FG Football Top.jpeg

So....what do we reckon? We've talked it over the years and until PES brings out a viable Pro Clubs alternative I don't mind giving this a go. The current FIFA is now £15 to buy and as I now a number of people love football here as well as own a copy of the game I thought it might be cool to see who is interested in doing a little Pro Clubs together? We can make sure we have a good laugh, do our best to win, and fit as much banter in as we can as we watch ourselves lose 5-0 each match 😎

let us know what you think below. We'd probably need at least 3 to play a match but I know we could get more. Tag anyone you know that plays the game please... @jordie1892  @ChaosGladiator  @Glen11  @tronic44 @phil bottle @Dan94

I do miss my footy games. I'd love to have once a week trying to actually remember how to score on FIFA again!

Current Players:

Lee - @GazzaGarratt

Sebba - @ChaosGladiator

Dan - @Dan94

Phil - @phil bottle

Jordie - @jordie1892

George - @G_dub52

Tom - @LordBaguette

As long as people stick to positions and it’s not 7 people in attack every time we have the ball I’m up for it. Should possibly also work out who plays where beforehand as well. The club I play in with my highschool buddies I usually play striker, but I can also play winger or cdm. Also @LordBaguette  has fifa, we’ve played some co-op seasons every now and then.

I had a quick go. Jesus Christ, compared with PES it's like going back 10 years. I'll stick with it but wow, this is not a great footie experience at all, other than the veneer of its slick presentation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I had a quick go. Jesus Christ, compared with PES it's like going back 10 years. I'll stick with it but wow, this is not a great footie experience at all, other than the veneer of its slick presentation.

I've definitely been enjoying the gameplay of PES over FIFA this year, it feels a lot more free flowing to me. With that being said, a bunch of us on Pro Clubs should be a pretty fun way to play FIFA.

I take back a little of what I said. I played a full game against the Arse and I found that it is a little more nuanced than I thought. I'll do some more practice.

Position-wise, I'm easy, whatever's needed.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ace to hear so far everyone! So thats @Dan94 @ChaosGladiator , @LordBaguette , @phil bottle and @jordie1892  already in! I've reinstalled so when i'm back from hols in a week's time i can get some games in maybe we can find a night to all get on and give it a bash? Seriously though, i'm hoping this'll be a great laugh together, if we win, awesome. If we get smashed, well remember if you're having fun you've already won 😎 Thats whats good about you bunch of reprobates ❤️

Make sure if you see or speak to a few more that has played footy games in the past let them know, if we could ideally play at least once a week on Pro Clubs it'll definitely help get used to the gamemode again.

P.S. I actually love the kit above that much that it even could be a merch spot in time....you never know 😎

Looking forward to getting some games of this in. We need to sort out a formation and who plays where though. Seems most people prefer striker, winger or cam. The formation my friends and I have had the most success with has been the 4-2-3-1 as the wingbacks stay defensive and you can have one of the cm/cdm’s move up field while the other stays back. We can test out a few to see what works, but I highly suggest staying away from any formation with 3 or 5 defenders as they just leave you too vulnerable. AI is absolute ass at defending in pro clubs 😅

1 hour ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Looking forward to getting some games of this in. We need to sort out a formation and who plays where though. Seems most people prefer striker, winger or cam. The formation my friends and I have had the most success with has been the 4-2-3-1 as the wingbacks stay defensive and you can have one of the cm/cdm’s move up field while the other stays back. We can test out a few to see what works, but I highly suggest staying away from any formation with 3 or 5 defenders as they just leave you too vulnerable. AI is absolute ass at defending in pro clubs 😅

4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2 are what I've had the most success with in the past. I really enjoyed playing a few games at CDM last week, so I'll hapilly hold down the middle. As you said, the AI is terrible at defending, we could always have someone on 'Any'?

Yeah I'd say an ANY is a must.

4321 works really well too. Allows the LF & RF to have more of a free role so can stay narrow to help the striker or go wide to stretch, then the 3 CM's offer the protection infront of the defence. Used this formation last few FIFA's and works good

Think i've tagged you all in the OP now. Looks like we have a right good bunch of us so should be good fun. I'm thinking we can do something like Monday Night Football (pretty original, yeah? 😎) but maybe to start, i'll put on an event on another day this week and lets see how many we can get there.

Position wise, i'm happy to be a Defender because not many people want to do that role I imagine.

Formation wise, i'll let you guys lead the way on what works best. Maybe we just try a few different ones as its likely been a while for many of us to play in this type of way.

I've practiced a little but it's a lot different to PES. Having to press twice to shoot is getting turned off for a start. Also, can't work out if you can have off control defenders pressure opposition players like you can in PES.

Next Monday should be ok!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I've practiced a little but it's a lot different to PES. Having to press twice to shoot is getting turned off for a start. Also, can't work out if you can have off control defenders pressure opposition players like you can in PES.

Next Monday should be ok!

What? Press twice to shoot? That’s only the timed shots unless I’m wrong, think I’ve used that maybe twice this whole year 😂

@ChaosGladiator @Dan94 @phil bottle @jordie1892 @G_dub52 @LordBaguette

I've stuck up an event for Monday Night Football so RSVP and lets how we can set ourselves up 👍

Dunno about the rest of you, but I had a blast last night. Other than 2-3 occations where I should have passed the ball rather than take the shot, I felt I did pretty well. And other than the match where Tom was out of position 22 times 😂😂 I felt the rest of you played damn well too. Looking forward to next time already!

I second that! Really enjoyed it last night guys thank you very much.

Plus the fact I go down in FG history for the first goal scored is an honor haha we played really well as a team considering it was our first time out.

I can't wait for the next one, I'm already missing the commentator shouting "FORLAN!" 

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

Oh man, absolutely was a blast. I've always wanted to do this for years but was hesitant as you never know how its gonna go. Glad we've managed to set it off now and what a start we had.

FG Pro Clubs1.jpg

We're already sitting one point away from the title with 3 games to go. Some epic plays last night. Diego 'Sebba' Forlan crashing the goals in, Tom scoring the 2 easiest goals in his life but looked like they could've missed, Pat 'Jordie' McGroin being an absolute unit in the middle whilst we all pissed ourselves laughing at his name most of the night, Phil's jinky runs down the wing setting up multiple goals...for us to all miss, and George's bullet goal, the first ever in the history of FG (not to mention every pass was like a bullet even if you were 2 yards away from him).

I really think if we can keep meeting up at least once a week but if people are keen to meet then i'm down with that. Ultimately it doesn't need us all to be there, it just would be good if anyone plays games that come here and give everyone an update.

If anyone else is on the fence and thinking about joining then they should give it a go! Honestly, proper good laughs and banter alongside some terrible/awesome football along the way. Seriously though, there was only one game we got hammered 3-0 so I think we did pretty darn well as for some its been the first FIFA games for years!

GGFG all @ChaosGladiator  @G_dub52  @phil bottle @jordie1892  @LordBaguette  @GazzaGarratt