Anthem 2.0 Loot & Equipment Goals

GazzaGarratt

In a quiet space in the world, BioWare continue to work on the 2.0 reboot for Anthem and they are starting to share it through social media, being very open and transparent that this is still early days. The early signs are very promising and it looks very different to what it was, especially with UI design and methods of rewarding players. Highlights are:

Loot revealed immediately

Equip it as soon as you get it

Better hit registration

Gear re-rolling

Mods

Coin now drops from enemies

They've also shared screenshots and early development videos of certain aspects that show this off. I know what you're thinking...sounds a little like Destiny right? Well, all lives service games are gonna take the best bits for themselves and I don't blame them. It will make the excitement of the game go up with things popping on the screen and different rolls to chase.

The new loadout screen looks inviting and more familiar to players of other games:

EeXILFIX0AIsoA_?format=jpg&name=medium

Big numbers make me happy. It brings in the large casual crowd much easier because some things like Power should be easily explained by the UI.

Some new areas, and pirate zones:

anthem pic1.jpg

anthem pic2.jpg

Also, gun styles are looking pretty interetsing too:

WeaponByFactionSmallBG-1024x576.jpg

The full blog can be found below:

SkullsStill1600x900.jpg?w=640
BLOG.BIOWARE.COM

Hello Again!  I hope this finds you well and I appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through the right timing for new information. We’re excited to share with you our next blog, but we als…

All in all, its an actual decent read and nice to see that a game that flopped so hard at launch is trying to find its way back out there. I said way back that I felt like it could be a No Man's Sky-esque return that may grab many players. I'd love to see those concept world pictures a reality. I'm glad I picked up the base game for £5 now.

I really don't know why they are bothering or what they are trying to prove. We're coming up to a new gen of consoles with huge strides in technology and potential yet BioWare are still trying to get right what Warframe did in 2013 along with a number of other games of this nature. It's like they are trying to do a No Mans Sky but at least with that game, it had a promising foundation and a big playerbase where this one had a small population and most of those disappeared rather quickly plus we've seen everything already. 

They'll probably relaunch it F2P like Destiny or do a big re-release for the next gen at a budget price. Either way, I can't see it doing very well especially with the studio as threadbare as it is. 

On 8/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, The3rdWalker said:

I forgot this game was even a thing.

There is still a following online, I didnt think it was but I follow a few game devs and community managers when it comes to games to try and hear whats the latest with all games. Its surprisingly has more than you realise. Many loved the game basics based around flying mechs.

On 8/3/2020 at 9:24 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I really don't know why they are bothering or what they are trying to prove. We're coming up to a new gen of consoles with huge strides in technology and potential yet BioWare are still trying to get right what Warframe did in 2013 along with a number of other games of this nature. It's like they are trying to do a No Mans Sky but at least with that game, it had a promising foundation and a big playerbase where this one had a small population and most of those disappeared rather quickly plus we've seen everything already. 

They'll probably relaunch it F2P like Destiny or do a big re-release for the next gen at a budget price. Either way, I can't see it doing very well especially with the studio as threadbare as it is. 

How I see it, is that if they do spend ages on it, make it available for free or next to nothing then what have we all lost? A pint? I can live with that, maybe not a full crate though mind 😉

Destiny kind of has a huge market in gaming all to themselves and even people like me who really enjoy Destiny for what it is, would love to see more of these games out there. More competition pushes other game devs to out do each other. And for a fiver, I won't lose sleep over it if its utter shite still.