Marvel's Avengers (The Game) - Beta Dates & Gameplay

Its been talked about for a while and I couldn't find a previous thread, which was weird so created a new one.

Beta information out, related to pre-order but also an open beta will be available in August which is good to see. Playstation gets it a week earlier so a bonus to most people here too. Be interesting to see how it all pans out and maybe be an actual decent game even though I think most people are concerned if it can match its price tag.

Ec7sErqU0AAGckc?format=jpg&name=medium

Avenger's Gameplay Reveal Event one month ago showing off some game modes and Avenger's gameplay action:

Now I know there's an open beta it has to be worth a go on for that - its one deep inside me i'd love it to do well but I can't see me paying £50 to pre-order it unless the beta blows me away. Whats everyone feeling so far?

I cracked up last night when I watched that. I don't always agree with Mack and his "the old days were better" stuff but he is at least honest and consistent in his opinions, and he's a funny guy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

This one is a weird one tbh, I've heard some shockers but mainly down to how so much exclusive gear is being made available through things you can buy. When many talk about the gameplay, they say its pretty damn good. I think its one of them that will come down to if you're bothered about people buying MTX and impacting your own gameplay.

I can't deny i love the idea of you and your mates being the avengers. I'm definitely not pre-ordering thats for sure.

RrED8h9tZs2hvcPRB63ugY-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Square Enix has declined to report sales numbers.

Pretty funny really. This is now being touted as an equivalent to Anthem in terms of its success, business model and quality. To make a loss like that on a game that is supposed to milk people is quite embarrassing. Even a shitshow EA or Ubisoft game can still rake in an eight-figure profit.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:17 PM, J4MES OX4D said:
RrED8h9tZs2hvcPRB63ugY-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Square Enix has declined to report sales numbers.

Pretty funny really. This is now being touted as an equivalent to Anthem in terms of its success, business model and quality. To make a loss like that on a game that is supposed to milk people is quite embarrassing. Even a shitshow EA or Ubisoft game can still rake in an eight-figure profit.

Another sad release. Apparently the campaign is still pretty darn amazing, its more the replayability factor of the live service game after that which isn't in a good space at all. If it wasn't still full price then I would've looked at it for me and/or my son but there's no way its worth £50 after what we've heard whats happened to it. Are there plans to support and improve the live service experience at all?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Another sad release. Apparently the campaign is still pretty darn amazing, its more the replayability factor of the live service game after that which isn't in a good space at all. If it wasn't still full price then I would've looked at it for me and/or my son but there's no way its worth £50 after what we've heard whats happened to it. Are there plans to support and improve the live service experience at all?

I'm not really sure what they'll do with this game going forward but their biggest mistake was going down the live service route - had they done a movie-like full campaign similar to the Spiderman or Batman games, it would have been a huge hit and they wouldn't have had to make the gameplay format so generic. Seems Square Enix bit off more than they could chew and tried to recoup the expensive licencing with the live service element but it just doesn't work in a game like this. A costly lesson for all involved.