Star Wars: Squadrons

J4MES OX4D

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Saw this, could be interesting but I think I would be shit at itemoji28.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That was my reaction... That's bad ass, but I'd suck.  lol 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

That makes 3 of us! 😂 Can you imagine a private game with us and Spaceships? And we thought GTA Fridays was an absolute clusterfuck.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So far, this game is a masterpiece. I cannot get over how polished and impressive this game is, let alone the level of difficulty and fun. They have gone on record earlier in the year saying there are no plans to expand upon the ship roster but I think the money alone and feedback would turn them down the battle pass, dlc seasons path. This is one of the best Star Wars games in the last 20 years for me and a must buy.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

5 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

So far, this game is a masterpiece. I cannot get over how polished and impressive this game is, let alone the level of difficulty and fun. They have gone on record earlier in the year saying there are no plans to expand upon the ship roster but I think the money alone and feedback would turn them down the battle pass, dlc seasons path. This is one of the best Star Wars games in the last 20 years for me and a must buy.

What are you using to pilot your ship? Controller, kb&m or hotas?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I've heard HOTAS support is abysmal. Probably optimised exclusively for a controller despite high-end hardware selling out globally thanks to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Devs missed a huge trick there which will cost them an insane amount of sales on both console and PC. 

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I started out with keyboard and mouse and had zero complaints. However, switching to controller I felt like I was cheating. There is zero drift and and more crisp to maneuver. (My KD is almost tripled with controller vs. kbm)

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've heard HOTAS support is abysmal. Probably optimised exclusively for a controller despite high-end hardware selling out globally thanks to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Devs missed a huge trick there which will cost them an insane amount of sales on both console and PC. 

There was a patch already and they've addressed a few problems they're going to work on which I was happy.

50 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

There was a patch already and they've addressed a few problems they're going to work on which I was happy.

Good to know. I will keep my eye on it as there's not many of these space shooter games around and it seems to have a good foundation and is a decent price too. 

I fancy trying this with a controller. Never been much interested in the Lightsaber fights but flying spaceships? Yes please.

someone years GIF

Also, its only £29.99 for the PS4 - so that tells me content isn't very large on this or is that me just assuming incorrectly? Initially i did see this as a great FG Friday game at some point if it had legs. Anyone know how big is the party size at all? Please say its more than 4...

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I fancy trying this with a controller. Never been much interested in the Lightsaber fights but flying spaceships? Yes please.

someone years GIF

Also, its only £29.99 for the PS4 - so that tells me content isn't very large on this or is that me just assuming incorrectly? Initially i did see this as a great FG Friday game at some point if it had legs. Anyone know how big is the party size at all? Please say its more than 4...

Would you like me to record some game play footage? I have a pretty normal machine and I am running this game on PC, on ultra, on 1440p, getting between 130-178 frames depending on the map/ game type. Lee, controller is the play my dude.

14 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Would you like me to record some game play footage? I have a pretty normal machine and I am running this game on PC, on ultra, on 1440p, getting between 130-178 frames depending on the map/ game type. Lee, controller is the play my dude.

Ooh, go on then Rob. Thanks dude 😎

P.S. Controller is all I needed to hear 😁