TWITCH - The What And The Why?

I've been fascinated by twitch recently and have been following a couple of CoD streamers. Mostly Fluxury and Speros. 

My 'question' is, what compels people to give these streamers large sums of money? I watched Fluxury stream today and 2 different people gave him 100 gifted subs. That's £125 of their own money, given to this guy. Twice. 

I don't get it. 

I gifted my amazon prime sub to Speros as it didn't cost me anything but I couldn't imagine giving 1 gifted sub, let alone 100. 

Has anyone ever done something like this? Why? Help me understand! 

EDIT: Just to add to this as well. The whole concept of 'chatting' with the player is also bollocks too. The chat is just emoji's and 'hype' no actual real conversation.

teach me benedict cumberbatch GIF

signatures small.jpg

33 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

So the same guy just donated 25 gifted subs in Flux twitch and then literally half hour later is on Speros love YouTube donating him $300......why?????

Its fucking bonkers isnt it mate. I dont understand it either. Im on it to stream and possibly make more gaming friends for a laugh mainly.

I will not be putting down any funding for nobody haha 

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

I don't understand the concept of giving already rich people even more money. Some of them make a shitload through adverts and then they have a daily tips goal of about $1000 which is cracked within an hour. There are some horrendous e-beggars of Twitch - WingsofRedemption for one who is the fattest, laziest and most vile slob out there. I've never seen someone so toxic - he's trolled relentlessly but he invites it most of the time and it's what makes him money. DarkSydePhil is the other one - he is $500,000 in debt with multiple credit cards and blew $40,000 on the WWE Champions Mobile game and still people donate!? Neither one of those appreciate the support they get or the money. 

I also don't understand the point of Twitch chat - as said by Caveman, it's just emoji's and spam especially on the popular stream channels. It's useful in small streams I guess for relating to the streamer and them engaging more directly with the audience but spamming emoji's is like talking to a brick wall. 

There's also these 'simps' who give away all their money to 'thots' which I find hilarious but sad. Another thing people don't know is that these big Streamers are paid to play games most of the time - they may pretend like they've made a choice to play X on that particular night but actually the publisher has pretty much put a schedule in stone and giving them $50,000 a night for playing their game for 6 hours.