COD 2020 (Black Ops: Cold War?)

MrBiron

I'm not so sure if they could actually produce a solid fun MP game to run alongside warzone for those that like that kind of thing I think it would do well, it's never going to hit the heights of the past though. Maybe the lack of hype is due to what's going on with covid and treyarch being drafted in last minute and the lack of actual updates. I suppose we have to see how an actual trailer is received.

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

If it wasn't for Warzone, I think MW would have struggled this year and there would have been far greater interest in the new Black Ops. People are kinda getting tired of Warzone now but the new COD isn't really peaking interest probably because of burnout. The series is getting really old and the traditional COD multiplayer is stale just like deathmatch as a whole. I think battle royale will be milked for a few more years and then we'll have to see what the latest trend or tech is in gaming but I don't think since Black Ops 2 has the core multiplayer really had that huge market impact. 

I actually quite enjoy playing the multiplayer, however I don't know if that's actually because I *like* the multiplayer, or because of the cross play element so I can play with full teams with lads from work who are on Xbox. The only game mode I enjoy though is Cyber Attack, your usual domination and TDM are shite.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, phil bottle said:

I know folk here love Blops2 but Black Ops had the best maps of any COD, I'd love to play them in the new version.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The maps in BO1 were just excellent. Apart from fucking Nuketown! I wish when they bring back old maps they'd use some different ones instead of the same 4 or 5.

fart.gif

On 8/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, phil bottle said:

I know folk here love Blops2 but Black Ops had the best maps of any COD, I'd love to play them in the new version.

Yeah they were all excellent! They were all so well designed that you could play a variety of modes on each one and matches would all play out really well. Many terrains types and sizes too! Even though some were really big, the action always occurred in hotspots so you never felt like you were running around like a headless chicken and the way each one was designed allowed for a variety of tactics and routes to take. Nowadays it's all predictable linear 3 lane sweaty shite. 

The map packs of BO were also amazing and kept people playing. Sadly I can't see Treyarch ever reaching those heights again so I'd happily see a batch remastered. Sadly we'll probably get the same tired Nuketown, Summit and Firing Range for the 15th time.

I used to mostly play Demolition, statistically it was the best mode for points and getting to prestige quickly.

Totally agree about the action and the map packs, they were all excellent.

Also loved the secret top down special ops game at the loading screen. Epic touch that was.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Discovery was pretty decent as were the other snow maps. I liked Stadium, Hotel and Drive In the most but on the whole, most maps really brought something new and interesting. The strict three lane mentality Treyarch have adopted in recent years means we probably wont get many varied ones now.  

31 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

We have a campaign again! Chances are I will get this as I won't have played COD for a while.

Yeah, it was in the other thread @J4MES OX4D  stuck up - i'm waiting for Sept 9th to see what the MP looks like, but we know trailers usually don't show major gameplay.

17 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

6 minutes of MP gameplay. Doubt it'll be up for long.

It looks like it will feel exactly like Modern Warfare looking at the graphics and the overall 6 minute gameplay.

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It looks like it will feel exactly like Modern Warfare looking at the graphics and the overall 6 minute gameplay.

I have no issue with that. The core gameplay of MW was actually pretty solid. It looked and sounded nice. Plus the hit detection was spot on (something COD has had a problem with IMO). The 2 biggest issues with MW were the mainly shit maps and no Dead Silence. If this game fixes those issues then it should be good.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

6 minutes of MP gameplay. Doubt it'll be up for long.

Looks more like Battlefield Hardline than a Cold War type of game! Movement looks a bit weird and animations seem rough though. Looks like a cross between Black Ops 4 and Infinite Warfare. I'll have to see more gameplay but it looks like Treyarch will disappoint me once again. Maybe they'll get it right with Black Ops 6😎

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Looks more like Battlefield Hardline than a Cold War type of game! Movement looks a bit weird and animations seem rough though. Looks like a cross between Black Ops 4 and Infinite Warfare. I'll have to see more gameplay but it looks like Treyarch will disappoint me once again. Maybe they'll get it right with Black Ops 6😎

Probably an early build. Animations look shit because whoever is playing is just slide cancelling instead of just running like a normal person. Apparently Treyarch have changed it so you get quite a big ADS delay when you do that shit. 

fart.gif

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah just the movement patterns and the gun sway when running is very MW like

On 9/4/2020 at 10:15 AM, MrBiron said:

I have no issue with that. The core gameplay of MW was actually pretty solid. It looked and sounded nice. Plus the hit detection was spot on (something COD has had a problem with IMO). The 2 biggest issues with MW were the mainly shit maps and no Dead Silence. If this game fixes those issues then it should be good.

Yeah, I don't either. I think it's more the fact that MW is in a great shape and I don't see why they couldn't have used it to move away from the periodic CoD release and possibly try a different model. Its all abou the money these days so I appreciate this was an extremely unlikely option, but might've given them a good chance to revolutionise the series somewhat. Especially because they now have a successful F2P live gamemode which could be a game in its own right.

16 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, I don't either. I think it's more the fact that MW is in a great shape and I don't see why they couldn't have used it to move away from the periodic CoD release and possibly try a different model. Its all abou the money these days so I appreciate this was an extremely unlikely option, but might've given them a good chance to revolutionise the series somewhat. Especially because they now have a successful F2P live gamemode which could be a game in its own right.

Mw MP is in great shape, is it ? As long as dead silence is a perk the maps don't suck, the pick 10 kind of system returns and scorestreaks  and the terrible colour pallette is changed then it's got a chance. So far treyarch cods imo have shat all over the new IW games. 

Basically a fun game.

Warzone/ BR can suck a bag of dicks for me so that's no consideration. 

Looking forward to seeing the MP reveal etc.