Mafia: Definitive Edition(s)

It has the looks of L.A. Noire which I absolutely loved. So much so that even Hayley loved watching me play it but that was also down to the story/detective style gameplay.

As a person thats never played it before, whats the story like? More like a GTA game or nearer to L.A. Noire detective gameplay?

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It has the looks of L.A. Noire which I absolutely loved. So much so that even Hayley loved watching me play it but that was also down to the story/detective style gameplay.

As a person thats never played it before, whats the story like? More like a GTA game or nearer to L.A. Noire detective gameplay?

It's basically a gangster thriller where you play a taxi driver who accidentally falls in with the mob. It's a fantastic story with some superb writing and unlike the movies of the same genre, it doesn't drag or is bloated with characters. 

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

After playing Mafia 2 I've been really excited to play this. The immersion and feel of the time period and the voice acting and the driving round in an old automobile and the shooting of tommy guns and the music on the radio all made this the most anticipated game of the year for me.

I'd say its closer to GTA than LA Noire. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 hours ago, techno said:

I was keeping an eye on this then noticed there is this version as well. Would this be the way to go if you hadn't played any of the games?

Screenshot_20200924-212607_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It's a great deal and Mafia 2 is an amazing experience. Mafia 3 is dogshit but the first two games pay for themselves in this bundle so it's definitely worth getting. 

@techno  for me, the first one is too old now so you may not enjoy, the second is excellent, the third is a more modern style game and it's a bit marmite, but if this trilogy is the new version of Mafia 1 definitely go for it...hope that helps🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

@techno  for me, the first one is too old now so you may not enjoy, the second is excellent, the third is a more modern style game and it's a bit marmite, but if this trilogy is the new version of Mafia 1 definitely go for it...hope that helps🤗

The trilogy contains the new Definitive Edition released today rather than the original from 2002. It's worth it for that and Mafia 2 I'd say!

I actually thought the Definitive edition was the Trilogy version?! That looks like a good deal on the PS4 @techno , I'll add this to the list of ones to grab potentially for crimbo.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I actually thought the Definitive edition was the Trilogy version?! That looks like a good deal on the PS4 @techno , I'll add this to the list of ones to grab potentially for crimbo.

It's a bit of a weird bundle as you have Mafia 2 Definitive edition which is a port of the PS3/360 game. You then have Mafia 3 Definitive Edition which is a GOTY-type/complete package of the PS4/XB1 version and then you have Mafia Definitive Edition that is a brand new game which is a remake of the 2002 PC original.