Predator: Hunting Grounds

GazzaGarratt

Very much like Friday the 13th, what more can you say - its the MoFo himself, PREDATOR!!

Its a 4v1 game and its not just find the Predator for the human team - there is a ton of AI in the game as like the review below shows.

Gamplay Reveal

Mini Review from gameranx

Its not triple A but thats probably why its around £25 right now. I think it sounds like a fair price for what you get. I still might not dip into it until its dropped a little further. Given it was initially a PS4 exclusive (still not on Xbox but is on PC) this could end up a future PS Plus game in over a year IMO.

What makes it a little more appealing is a DLC coming out May 26th for the game that allows you to play as Dutch (Arnie!).

jpg

There is apparently a ton of one liners that Arnie himself has recorded for the game too. Can't see how much it is yet but there looks there is a calendar of DLC, free and paid throughout the year too. What are people feeling based on the price?

PHG-DLC-Calendar.jpg?resize=1088,612&cro

I've followed this game for a while but it seems painfully average and I think the player counts will start drying up long before they can get much of their planned paid DLC out. The only game to make this format truly successful is Dead By Daylight and that's still got massive player numbers especially on PC. 

This reminds me of an even ropier version of Evolve. 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:00 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

This reminds me of an even ropier version of Evolve. 

I thought too for a moment 🙈

On 5/13/2020 at 10:34 PM, phil bottle said:

Yeah I think its one of those games where the novelty wears off pretty fast and there's nothing in the gameplay beyond that.

Shame it has to be a decent name to suck hard. Then again, we haven't played it so could be half decent. I'd rather pay 10-15 though.

Has anyone actually picked this up? Just wondered if we had a forumer opinion to go off of.

It does have a bit of an Evolve feel to it which doesn't bode well. It just amazes me that with the Predator license that they released a budget style game. Seems a very low target to set which might speak volumes about the longevity and support given

On 5/28/2020 at 12:14 PM, Stretch616 said:

Has anyone actually picked this up? Just wondered if we had a forumer opinion to go off of.

It does have a bit of an Evolve feel to it which doesn't bode well. It just amazes me that with the Predator license that they released a budget style game. Seems a very low target to set which might speak volumes about the longevity and support given

I wanted to get it, but not for that price with that little content available. At least Friday the 13th was free on PSN Plus.