Hello to everyone

Tar-Eruntalion

hello fellow gamers, my name is john, been a long time pc gamer(my first serious games were red alert 2 & aoe 2) and after a thread on reddit a user from here suggested i sign up cause it's a nice community and we can discuss stuff here properly without karma farming etc

thanks @BO7H B4RRELS for the suggestion

hello fellow gamers, my name is john, been a long time pc gamer(my first serious games were red alert 2 & aoe 2) and after a thread on reddit a user from here suggested i sign up cause it's a nice community and we can discuss stuff here properly without karma farming etc

thanks [mention=34]BO7H B4RRELS [/mention]for the suggestion
Welcome aboard mate, what game or games are currently in your playlist?

We have folk on here who are PS4 and others on PC between Europe and America and other than me, everyone is lovely [emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

i mainly prefer single player games, both new and old, as for multiplayer games currently i play rainbow 6 siege mainly, sometimes league of legends although the toxicity turns me off it after a while

Welcome to FG man, nice to see you coming over. Couldn't agree with Tommy but that's obvs 😄 (and Phil's right, he's the worst 😉)

You exclusively on PC or do you dabble on any other platform? Ever tried Vermintide 2 or Sea of Thieves? Just a couple of games I know we've had fun with for a few people here on PC.

Hope you enjoy your stay and get involved where you can.

nowadays i play exclusively on pc, i still have a ps3 and a few games that i still haven't finished(my backlog on pc is getting bigger by the week) but that's it, no other consoles

i will try to play again a total war series with shogun 2 that is given away for free because i haven't played one since the first rome total war, is sea of thieves good?

One of our community members is heavily involved with RB6, if you check the Shooters section theres a feature on his recent commendation. @The3rdWalker  can mostly be found on Discord.

Sea of Thieves is fun but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

howdy to you too mate, nice to meet ya too, boy it seems you really like this game, well i started it only recently, i think end of 2019 or beggining of 2020, so i am nowhere near your level and i play usually casual to get used to it and learn the maps

Hi there and welcome John...I think I can remember playing Red Alert against my son on a LAN set up a 

long time ago! And the original Doom..made the mistake of playing that SP in the dark one night after the missus had gone  to bed..that clunk of locks opening and the boss noises as they enter the level...fecking creepy for someone who doesn’t do horror films!

I’m mainly PS4 but I’m also dabbling in PC games again. I’m one of the sites Minecraft dwarves and there’s a small group of us mentored by Phil trying to get into Star Citizen

Hope you enjoy your stay with us in one of the calmer areas of the  Interwebz...we do have one or two “characters” but we try to keep them safely sedated most of the time 😂😂😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

i used to play rts mainly from strategy games back when i was younger, but i kinda abandoned the strategy genre and i prefer rpg, action and stealth games nowadays, you know like tes games, the witcher, assassin's creed, batman, crysis, deus ex, dishonored, mass effect, metro, tomb raider, these are the most notable ones i can remember now, i am also trying to get into crpgs, from the old ones to newer ones, i have surviving mars on epic but i haven't even started with the games i have there

Sea of Thieves continues to be fleshed out and now has become a pretty fun game with decent content to play. As @phil bottle says, it's not worth a full price, but I'm not sure it's still at that now anyway?

Plus it's a great one to play with mates. I only play it when these guys are online.

Hey, John. I'm glad to see you came to check us out! Welcome aboard.

I play League of Legends as well. I've been mainly playing ARAM though. I love that game mode for some reason. Been playing for several years.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Oh man you got me at the Red Alert 2 and Aoe2. Used to play RA with multi tap on PS1 VS my brother. TV each. 

He used to be sneaky with V2 rockets and maul your power plants. Or rush to mammoth tanks and spam them.

Played a lot of AoE 2/AoC expansion online. Also played the title after. Age of Mythology and the titans expansion. I was pretty decent at it online.

Great nostalgia going on here, Welcome to "The" forums. Glad you found it John.

hey @BO7H B4RRELS if you want to play someday i am Eruntalion in LOL i am eune though, i don't know if we can, @slamminbones yeah i play only pc, i have a ps3 for some exclusives i have yet to play but no multiplayer,

@IRaMPaGe i grew up with ra2, aoe2 and aom, i didn't have a pc then but every time i went to my cousins i would play the campaigns, we could stay 2-5 hours so i could play

Welcome aboard John! Glad to see you're settling in well!

Like other have said, i wouldn't currently pay full price for Sea of Theives but keep an eye out for if it drops in prices. I know they've updated it a lot and we are looking to go back at some point.

54 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

i didn't know an app existed, does it have any sort of pro compared to the browser version?

Browser version is king. The FG App is for android only and only shows forum posts, not evertything else like quizzes, videos, calendar, separate pages, etc. You can alternatively use Tapatalk to access the forum posts too but the same comment applies. We actually have an issue that is stopping it show in the Play Store atm.