Helicopters in DayZ

phil bottle

So, while the actual developer has droppped the ball, the modding community come to the rescue once again. 

The DayZ Expansion mod will have a lot of great features but the following is what I have been waiting for. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Watched a stream of SadaPlays testing out the DayZ Expansion mod with a couple of the modders, a Pole and Latvian. It looks like the DayZ of old might finally be coming back. That they have been working on this in their own time for free puts Bohemia to shame.

If he's saved it, I'll post it here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Here we go, I've copied the link, it should start from about 2 hours into the stream. 

Sada can be a bit silly but he understands DayZ and the modders give him a lot of info on what they're doing as he's quite famous in the community.

twitch_logo3.jpg
WWW.TWITCH.TV

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 4/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, phil bottle said:

Plus the helicopter flying is quality 🤗

It really did look slick. I wonder how many mods will you need to have to make the perfect DayZ game?

It really did look slick. I wonder how many mods will you need to have to make the perfect DayZ game?
I currently have about 12 mods installed but I'm salivating for this one, it's the final piece in the DayZ jigsaw [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 5/2/2020 at 10:40 AM, phil bottle said:

I currently have about 12 mods installed but I'm salivating for this one, it's the final piece in the DayZ jigsaw emoji847.png

yeah i never knew you were waiting for helicopters, its never come up before....😄

Fuck me, it's finally happened, as of about 25 minutes ago the files to DayZ Expansion have been released.  Hats off to the unpaid modders who turned this into a reality.

Details below:

Introduction:

DayZ Expansion is a mod that brings a lot of new features and content into DayZ and changes the way DayZ is played, the mod contains many features and Quality of Life (QoL) improvements.

The mod consists of many features and modules, almost everything is this mod can be fine-tuned and changed, enabled, or disabled by you or server you play on to make it feel exactly how you want it to.

Please note, this is the first public build of DayZ Expansion, so please expect some bugs and problems! If you experience any bugs or problems, please join our Discord (link below) and report them to us!

Features:

DayZ Expansion mod alongside its main features has many smaller features and changes to the base game so it would be impossible to list all of those smaller changes and features, but you will discover them when playing the game.

Helicopters:
- MH-6 Little Bird
- Gyrocopter
- Merlin
- UH1H

Water Vehicles:
- Zodiac Boat
- Utility Boat
- Amphibia

Ground Vehicles:
- Tractor
- Bus
- UAZ
- Vodnik

Base Building:
- Wall
- Gate
- Door
- Floor
- Hatch
- Ramp
- Stairs
- Window

- Safes
- Stove
- Tents
- Helipad
- Gunrack
- Barbed Wire
- Boom Barrier
- Mesh Barriers
- Warning Signs

- Toggleable Snapping System

World:
- Custom mapping in many cities of Chernarus
- Custom trader locations
- Custom lightning
- Custom interiors
- Custom ocean
- Street lights

Items:
- GPS

- Flags
- Lumber
- Codelocks
- Explosives

- Car keys
- Spray cans
- Igniter plug
- Hydraulic hoses

- Gold bar
- Silver bar
- Gold nugget
- Silver nugget

- Different types of bread
- Different types of cheese

Weapons:

- M9
- MP5
- MP7
- M79
- RPG
- LAW
- MPX
- Kedr
- M16A4
- Flaregun
- Benelli M4

Misc:

- Global Chat
- Airdrops

- Notification System
- Territories System
- Auto-run System
- Mission System
- Book System
- Map System

- Wild Hare

Installation:

The DayZ Expansion mod contains a ready-to-use mission file that house all necessary central economy files. The mission comes in two variants; ChernarusPlus and ChernarusPlusGloom. If you want to use visual tweaks of DayZ Expansion such as; custom ocean, lighting tweaks, etc then you have to use ChernarusPlusGloom mission file (Providing that you are using Chernarus as your map, support for other maps can be added by creators of maps themselves or by us later throughout the mod updates). If you proceed with ChernarusPlusGloom mission file its important to set lightingConfig inside your server config file to 2.

After starting your server with the DayZ Expansion mod for the first time, the server will generate the ExpansionMod folder in your profiles folder, in that folder all DayZ Expansion related settings and storage will be stored, if you want to toggle any part of DayZ Expansion proceeded into settings folder and open specific file you want to tweak.

We're grateful to hear any feedback and suggestions from anyone, the best place to give it to us would be our Discord[discord.gg], please also join if you have any questions too!

Copyright 2020 DayZ Expansion Mod Team.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg