Crysis Remastered

J4MES OX4D

I never played Crysis, any good?
Crisis was a great game at the time, particularly for graphics lol. For me it was more than just looks but will see how it stands up nowadays.

I still play Crisis 2 from time to time on Origin.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I never played Crysis, any good?

Very. When I started playing it I literally couldn't stop until I'd finished it. The graphics were just gravy, the game itself was excellent. The plot twist halfway through the story was a bit shit but worked out fine in the end. I loved it so much I also bought Crysis: Warhead which was kinda-sorta a DLC but it just didn't feel the same, it already had a bit of a hint of the game wanting a slice of the CoD pie. The original game was one where you needed to actively think about how to approach certain situations or you'd get pancaked, but Warhead was basically "take gun, kill stuff". 

2 was the result of them wanting to cash in on the name by bringing it to console and it showed, the massive open world was gone, it was now an a-b shooter designed for consoles, extremely disappointing. 

3 was just.... no. 

banlol.png

I'm the same as @tronic44, it's a game that has always passed me by and never been in my collection.

If you @J4MES OX4D  @Diddums and @phil bottle are saying good things then I'll keep an eye out for it. Do you think it would rival SP hits like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War?

I had Crysis day one and I remember how visually superior it was to any other game at the time. Even today, it still looks better than a lot of games from around 2015. It still holds up graphically and even in gameplay terms. and it has been used as benchmark framework for an eternity now so much so it's turned into a long running meme.  

I played Crysis 2 over Christmas which is almost a decade old and that game could also pass for being released a couple of years ago.  This remaster could go one of two ways; either it's just a lazy port for the latest consoles aka cash grab or if they do it from the ground up and incorporate their latest technology, it could really be a sight to behold. 

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm the same as @tronic44, it's a game that has always passed me by and never been in my collection.

If you @J4MES OX4D  @Diddums and @phil bottle are saying good things then I'll keep an eye out for it. Do you think it would rival SP hits like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War?

It's on par for sure. 

banlol.png

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Release date is July 27th according to Microsoft Store. 

Anyone actually picking this up? Be interested to see someone play it and give an opinion from here.

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Anyone actually picking this up? Be interested to see someone play it and give an opinion from here.

The original still holds up today so the remaster would have to have some substantial improvements for anyone to justify picking it up. I am gonna wait for gameplay and more general information. If it's just some shitty cash grab running on the same architecture with a backdoor reshade added then there's no way I'd buy it but if it's something they've worked hard on then I may grab it. 

31 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Funnily enough this has now been delayed. By a few weeks they say.

Also I saw it's going to be on Switch...hmmm...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Here's the official statement

Eb2WGOUXkAAoXGv?format=jpg&name=medium

9 minutes ago, Diddums said:

All this is doing is making me want to replay the original tbh. Maybe I should record it and add some commentary or something. 

No maybes now, just...

shia labeouf GIF

I just bought this.  I’m looking forward to jumping back into the world.  

I hope they do the same with the other crysis games.  It would’ve been nice to see a trilogy remaster. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

22 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I just bought this.  I’m looking forward to jumping back into the world.  

I hope they do the same with the other crysis games.  It would’ve been nice to see a trilogy remaster. 

Is this the best out of the lot for you, Chad? Let us know how it goes as interested to know if its worth a stab for this SP game with Christmas lists coming ever closer. Clearly everyone above says its worth it - if remade correctly.

The first ones layout is completely different to the sequels.  It's more open world for the most part.  The sequels were more mission based.  All that said, 2 was my fav but i did enjoy the first one.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*