RIP Ibelin

Thought you guys might be interested in this...too much to cut and paste but very moving 

ibelin.jpg

_105432229_968c2b50-a803-4758-a5ba-8136b
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Robert and Trude thought their son Mats lived a lonely life, but they discovered this was far from true.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Such a shame they didn't get to see that side of him that was adored by many until he was gone. So many people just don't get gaming and gamers, I imagine most here feel sometimes the same when you have that conversation with people at work and explain what FG is and what you do most nights - quite a lot don't get it but say 'ah, that's nice?'.

He had a real life family online, that he could talk to and make a difference with. That story really hit home Dave. Nice one for sharing here.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I know they’re disappointed they didn’t make more of an effort to understand why he gamed and what that did for him but they shouldn’t feel bad for that. Just knowing he had more people that loved him is hopefully enough. I do hope this story helps other families understand why people can play video games so much, it’s not just a game, it is a family. People will say it’s only online but that makes no difference, hell every time I speak to my parents or brother is online via hangouts or FaceTime.

That was a very touching story.