PS5 Dual Sense Controller Revealed

J4MES OX4D

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Looks expensive

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It does look very expensive, i don't want to have to fork out £70 if a controller breaks. They're already expensive enough.

I'll wait till i've got one in my hands till i pass judgement, although all i need is something with buttons and analog sticks. I don't need it to tell me the weather and drive me to work.

We can pretty much assume the PS5 is going to be whiter than Michael Jackson post-2000's then! I actually hated the DS4 controller - the touch pad was a waste of time and barely utlised as was the speaker and the controller light was a stupid gimmick that could reflect off the TV if you were playing front-on in the dark. 

They should release a bog-standard controller which is around the £20 mark and then keep the big-boy pad for serious gamers only to fall in-line with the modded controller market. We don't even need an over-engineered pad to play even the most complex of games these days and you could probably get away with using a PS3 pad quite comfortably. 

The margins are huge though in the peripheral market so things like this may be the only chance for companies like Sony to make decent money as the console units will probably cost a substantial amount to make as it is. 

First off, I think it looks pretty cool - we don't usually get smart looking stuff to look forward to these days so thats a plus. I agree with @phil bottle that it's likely to be expensive AF so I hope its way more durable than PS4 ones. I don't think its likely that PS4 controllers are backward compatible @Plumbers Crack  considering their huge profits will come from selling hardware rather than software as things start to go more crossplay in the future.

Best fluffy bit? The lights are now on the front of the controller rather than the top where you could never really see it properly. Me like dis very muchly.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

A bit late to this but I wish Sony would fix the controller sitting on the L2 and R2 triggers.  Too many times have I knocked them putting the controller down while watching a film.  It's a minor thing but really one of biggest annoyances coming from an xbox pad.  Though in saying that ergonomically speaking, I still prefer the xbox controllers.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png