Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So it's basically a friendlier version of Stardew Valley, without the massive time crunch and pre-planning needed to map out your farm for every season. The game is just solid and I am surprised I got hooked on it. The characters are likeable, there's over 200 unique characters and the system itself is really flawless when it comes to playing.

So far I recommend it.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I use to love these types of games. Problem only for me is the timesink and the fact they're feel like they are nearer to The Sims games which annoy the fudge out of me. What are the objectives like in the game @The3rdWalker ? Is there stuff to aim for? I think I could get it if I seen my kids want to play it too but i'm not sure they'd get it straight away.

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I use to love these types of games. Problem only for me is the timesink and the fact they're feel like they are nearer to The Sims games which annoy the fudge out of me. What are the objectives like in the game @The3rdWalker ? Is there stuff to aim for? I think I could get it if I seen my kids want to play it too but i'm not sure they'd get it straight away.

Fish, catch bugs and dig up fossils to complete a massive museum. Get all housing expansions and upgrades, in game special events, fun time killer with friends; loads of stuff. I do not feel like it is like the sims in any way.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

My cousin @Findmartin  bought it too and he's been niggling me to get it.

@Shucker  when you say the family have all got into it, is it that you all have separate switches on the same island? Or do you pass the controller around?

On 4/11/2020 at 4:45 AM, Shucker said:

One Switch. One shared island. I started it so I'm the main account holder that kinda of sets the tone for things. It's a little weird. Would have been nice to have the option of each of us having our own island.

Ah okay...so you can all play at the same time on the same island then? Sounds a little like Minecraft setup or is that way off the mark?

On 4/14/2020 at 4:41 PM, Shucker said:

We take turns playing. You can have multiple people on the same console on the island at the same time but it's lame. The main character plays normally and the one that jumps in can really only do basic things like fish, collect items etc. and they'll get teleported if the main character moves away from them too far. No split-screen. You can switch the main character on the fly but it's a crappy mode. None of us like it.

Ah okay, so one world on one switch at any one time seems the best way to play but then you can join anyone else's online world? Do you level up your own character in their world or can you take stuff from each world to another?

Hi guys. My first post in a while. I got animal crossing a couple of weeks ago and really enjoying it so far. I really lioe collecting stuff for the museum, it looks really cool once you start filling it up. Would be cool to add anyone on here so we can visit each others island, although mines a bit of a mess lol!