Time for FG to Act!

It is unprecedented times in our lifetime and whether we agree or disagree with actions of our world organisations/governments, this is a key time for all of us to stick together and help others where we possibly can.

I'm going to suggest we do a few things together as a community/family.

1 - Gaming up as much as possible

We're all likely to have a little extra time in quarantine these next few weeks/months so I'd love to see people suggesting game nights and offering help on different games so people know there are others around if they feel alone or wanting help with something.

2 - Getting ideas into action on what support we can give to those that need it most. This is likely raising money for food or lost work (which we've already started doing through awesome words by @Diddums) but it's also making sure people dont feel lonely and feel less anxious, knowing theres people here to chat random stuff to.

I suggest we get some conversations going on FG. Think of a question, get it in a new thread. Doesnt have to be gaming, it could be anything you like.

I'll look into the streaming stuff we have here. If we can find ways of reaching out abit whilst online let's do it. And not just us regular FGers, this is for EVERYONE out there. Dont hold back, it could be a trip to give away a few tins to the local food bank, or elderly neighbours.

I'll start looking at this stuff when I get home tonight and we can start pushing this out into all the Socials we have. It would be awesome to see and hear some real positive thoughts about stuff we can do together to help people by the time I'm home and reading this again.

Let's do this FG 👊

If the schools close, I will have to ‘live stream’ lessons for the kids. This will present an interesting opportunity for us. A game if you will. You guys will give me words, phrases or movie quotes etc to slide into my lessons whilst you watch them live! 

just imagine it........WHATS UP GUYS, ITS YOUR BOY.....MR GILES!

signatures small.jpg

I'm happy to do a day by day diary of how my quarantine period is going?!! May help the 14 days go by a little quicker!!

Nice idea though Lee and I'm more than happy to help out in whatever way I can from the confines of my humble abode.

Stay safe and strong peoples!!

We should also do a video hangout chat at some point, just get a load of us together and talk nonsense for a bit whilst being able to see our lovely faces.

We can come up with stuff for FG to do during the year, be proactive and all of that.

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

We should also do a video hangout chat at some point, just get a load of us together and talk nonsense for a bit whilst being able to see our lovely faces.

We can come up with stuff for FG to do during the year, be proactive and all of that.

This is a great idea - Skype?

signatures small.jpg

1 hour ago, Stretch616 said:

I'm happy to do a day by day diary of how my quarantine period is going?!! May help the 14 days go by a little quicker!!

Nice idea though Lee and I'm more than happy to help out in whatever way I can from the confines of my humble abode.

Stay safe and strong peoples!!

Do you have the virus???

signatures small.jpg

3 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Do you have the virus???

No, mrs was told yesterday to self isolate and then the recent policy change means that the whole family is stuck in the house for the next 2 weeks

2 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

No, mrs was told yesterday to self isolate and then the recent policy change means that the whole family is stuck in the house for the next 2 weeks

I honestly don't know how that's even possible if you can't work from home. 

2 hours ago, techno said:

I honestly don't know how that's even possible if you can't work from home. 

That's the trouble with the industries where it's not possible and in a confined space. I'm "ok", but there are so many people out there, where this just affects their whole livelihoods. 

It's a crazy, crazy situation and nobody really knows how we'll all come out of this