Valorant

J4MES OX4D

General opinion from me. Riot does esports well and they have a clear goal this is esport focused.

With that said they're targeting CSGO, OW and R6. Once you add overwatch abilities to CSGO you lose the mechanical skill that comes with CSGO.

In my opinion this is going to be a very grey area for awhile until we see which direction it is. I trust them to overtake Overwatch, but CSGO and R6 will not be affected.

It is kind of wild some character abilities are direct copies of operators and heroes from OW and R6.

Way to early to tell.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I heard about this a while back and created a post of all of Riot's upcoming games. I really hope that this turns out to be amazing, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I have no doubt it will be good, but we will see if it's great or not.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

So many fps games with small variations on the same theme, I lose track and they often fail...but this is Riot so maybe it wont be a flash in the pan...we'll see!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

They seem to have a huge promotion behind it so it has quite a deent chance to break through based on the amount of streamers and youtubers that have mentioned it. Not sure i'll get near it but i'll watch from afar.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

So many fps games with small variations on the same theme, I lose track and they often fail...but this is Riot so maybe it wont be a flash in the pan...we'll see!

I think it'll do well particularly in Asia but I am very surprised at how unoriginal it is coming from Riot. That could put off quite a lot of European and American users especially as they've played this type of game for many years now.  It's a very crowded market and many F2P games have been DOA or on life support very early on in recent years so even with proven developers, it still isn't a guaranteed bet. 

On 5/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Valorant launches June 2nd!

Should be fun. I'll continue to play it maybe a day a week and enjoy it. This thing will beat up on OW hard, however the R6 and CSGO players are kind of over it- only those who are past their prime for pro league or majors appear to have this game in their sites. (Viper and Jett are my two mains - Viper if on a team, Jett if solo)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Went to install the game earlier and found that the anti-cheat consists of a kernal driver rootkit. No way am I installing vulnerabilities like that on my PC especially when it stems from Chinese shite Tencent. It's not that I don't trust Riot but such material mimics malware and can be exploited by 3rd parties.    

That's like having an unarmed bomb in your house - you know it's not ticking and wont go off but if it falls into the wrong hands then it could be devastating and you wont know until it's too late.  Gotta now contact Riot and get my account removed as I don't even want them having my email address.  

What a shame but fuck this game.