Division 2 - Warlords of New York

GazzaGarratt

New expansion is out to revamp the entire game and whole new area, revisiting New York from D1 - £25.99.

Multiple trailers below:

It looks like they are going the right way with this. Power numbers to chase, whole new gear sets to find and what interests me most is the way they are creating 4 warlords that you have to take down. Very much Forsaken, Destiny arch-enemy styled which makes you get into the game more and want to hunt them down.

With 8 player raids too that I've never got to, it sounds like a decent amount of content to get our teeth into.

I've reinstalled and will look to buy this if we have a good group of people trying it out - what are peoples thoughts?

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

New expansion is out to revamp the entire game and whole new area, revisiting New York from D1 - £25.99.

Multiple trailers below:

It looks like they are going the right way with this. Power numbers to chase, whole new gear sets to find and what interests me most is the way they are creating 4 warlords that you have to take down. Very much Forsaken, Destiny arch-enemy styled which makes you get into the game more and want to hunt them down.

With 8 player raids too that I've never got to, it sounds like a decent amount of content to get our teeth into.

I've reinstalled and will look to buy this if we have a good group of people trying it out - what are peoples thoughts?

Im trying to level up, will hopefully get into it more if more people are going to give it a go as I expect it will be way more enjoyable.

I just finished this DLC.  

Welcome back to NY...  the enemy types are different then the first game. Especially the rikers.  The flow of the story is decent.  You’re on a manhunt for Keener and have to kill his lieutenants to discover his where shouts.  

The structure is fairly repetitive.  Most are go here, find this, unlock region safe house, complete mission, kill target, repeat.  The boss fights annoyed me with the mechanics but as long as you’re in a group, it isn’t to bad. 

The gear score has been dropped in favour of a SHD level you get at the completion of the DLC.  It adds buffs to specific stats of your choice in def, off, skill and such as you gain exp.  I kinda miss the caches but this is ok IMO.  

All in all, pretty cool expansion.  It was nice to go back to NY, but I was glad to get back to DC at the end of it all. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 3/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, Riff Machine said:

I just finished this DLC.  

Welcome back to NY...  the enemy types are different then the first game. Especially the rikers.  The flow of the story is decent.  You’re on a manhunt for Keener and have to kill his lieutenants to discover his where shouts.  

The structure is fairly repetitive.  Most are go here, find this, unlock region safe house, complete mission, kill target, repeat.  The boss fights annoyed me with the mechanics but as long as you’re in a group, it isn’t to bad. 

The gear score has been dropped in favour of a SHD level you get at the completion of the DLC.  It adds buffs to specific stats of your choice in def, off, skill and such as you gain exp.  I kinda miss the caches but this is ok IMO.  

All in all, pretty cool expansion.  It was nice to go back to NY, but I was glad to get back to DC at the end of it all. 

Sounds good Chad, cheers for the heads up as I was debating on it. Do you get any new raids with this expansion? I think structure of content i'm pretty cool with these days. Nearly every game has a structure of do this, do that and kill something in missions. What was the dealbreaker for the bosses in squads? Still bulletspongey as in the first game?

I don't get the gear score thing but i haven't played it in ages so would need to pick it up to understand that bit. Shame you don't its a replayable area though, was hoping for some longevity being brought back to Division 2.