So, last night's brief shenanigans!

phil bottle

Nice one for last night, we had@Diddums @Plumbers Crack@GazzaGarratt@tronic44

Still early days as you guys get used to the controls and navigation etc

Didds got lost in a cave system looking for a dead body, I'm not sure if he ever managed to get out of there...

Dave exhausted every last ounce of patience.

Hope Rich's issue with contacts is sorted as that was a pain in the arse.

Lee loaded my Cutlass Black up with 6 different delivery missions but we only completed 2 of them as I had to get off. I'm going to stick close to Lee as he has a nose for earning credits [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I got a couple of hours in last night. Not as much as I'd have liked but it was a start nonetheless.

The whole session was full of little niggly things:

• Leigh's PC was giving him trouble again.
  • Dave's headset was giving him trouble.
  • Nobody was showing up on the party system.
  • Loads of little simple things which I suspect we'll have sussed in no time. 

That said, the foundation is there. With a bit more practice and experience I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes my next WoW. At one point I was even doing a bit of showy-offy flying, until I crashed. I will say however for that very brief moment I felt like a god, able to out maneuver anything that came my way. In fact, I felt a little bit like Khan in that scene where he's attacking Starfleet in Star Trek: Into Darkness (epic film, absolute must watch if you haven't already). 

Here's the scene:

Now that being said, I decided to use my trusty Mustang Alpha because it's my ship that I own so regardless of what happens, that little beastie is always mine so I wanted to practice flying in it, so I left the big one which we've got on loan which in hindsight was stupid, I should've taken that big ass freighter and abused the fuck out of it to make as much bank as I can whilst I've got it. 

Anyway, I accepted a little package collection mission, a bit like that Death Stranding game but with spaceships. I went halfway across the galaxy to collect the package, realised I couldn't put it in my ship, so left it on the surface of whatever planet it came from and stuck a Hermes card in the mailbox, fuck 'em. 

I then had to go find some chump who went spelunking and got lost and died, spent over an hour in a cave searching for this Darwin award winner and couldn't find him so gave up. To my amazement however, I managed to negotiate the cave fairly well and even got the layout down, if all the caves are the same then I'll be just fine. 

Then Leigh came on, then Dave, then Rachel, (the Bottle was online for most of the night), and we spent most of the night just ironing out some bugs and stuff and discussing the basics like sensitivity and buttons n shit. 

All in all I achieved nothing, but the learning curve in this game is basically a wall, and it was fucking ace. I might even hop on tonight and do a bit more, it was honestly the first time in ages I've turned a game off and was legit pissed off I had to. 

@GazzaGarratt @phil bottle @Plumbers Crack @tronic44

banlol.png

16 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I'm going to stick close to Lee as he has a nose for earning credits

Yeah, about that. Might've lost the ship when getting the next delivery done. 😬

But in my defence, there was nothing in front of me, then all of a sudden it hit a black thing. Stoopid terrain. Oh, and somehow that gave me a crime stat level of 2. Brilliant end to a hard days work. FML.

P.S. It was a great night btw, we now need to get the hacking thing I imagine to remove my crime stat stuffs.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, about that. Might've lost the ship when getting the next delivery done. 😬

But in my defence, there was nothing in front of me, then all of a sudden it hit a black thing. Stoopid terrain. Oh, and somehow that gave me a crime stat level of 2. Brilliant end to a hard days work. FML.

P.S. It was a great night btw, we now need to get the hacking thing I imagine to remove my crime stat stuffs.

What happened with your PC in the end? RAM sorted? Keep me updated on this one pls, if it's a hardware issue it needs resolving before your warranty is up.

Also, I highly recommend all of you watch this video, there's a load of very useful stuff in here beyond the most barebones beginner stuff. This is where I learned about the backpack and mining stuff. I'll be concentrating on this this weekend:

banlol.png

Well, I found it frustrating but enjoyable...stupid things like flying to a R&R station which has full landing facilities but being unable to fuel up to go anywhere else!

What I want but can't find yet is an A4 printer friendly Key bindings print out for flight and foot and also one for the mouse. I've seen one on Redditt that looks good but is a bit cranky to print. I want one layout per A4 sheet not having to shrink it to 47% to get it to fit width ways for flight bindings and getting half the next keyboard for foot movement

I also think teaming up will be a giggle...perhaps we can get 4 or 5 of us in one of the bigger ships next time (only if Phil is the pilot though)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Well, I found it frustrating but enjoyable...stupid things like flying to a R&R station which has full landing facilities but being unable to fuel up to go anywhere else!

What I want but can't find yet is an A4 printer friendly Key bindings print out for flight and foot and also one for the mouse. I've seen one on Redditt that looks good but is a bit cranky to print. I want one layout per A4 sheet not having to shrink it to 47% to get it to fit width ways for flight bindings and getting half the next keyboard for foot movement

I also think teaming up will be a giggle...perhaps we can get 4 or 5 of us in one of the bigger ships next time (only if Phil is the pilot though)

This do ya? I'll pop it in the post this evening 🙂

8MobsfL.jpg

banlol.png