FG Film Club Resurrection!

GazzaGarratt

We need to pick this back up and stick with it as we literally did it for 2 weeks! We all watch so much these days we need to do this all together far more often.

Like the original idea @Diddums raised some time ago, let's stick to films over 1 year old so that they're easily accessible via whatever subscriptions you own. Rare exceptions where possible.

Remember, idea is to all watch it at some point in the same week so we can talk spoilers had best/bad bits together. Monday through to Sunday. Each Monday we can select a new film. If possible we could quick polls on Fri to Sun beforehand with a selection before we know on Monday what's we'll try and watch.

I'll pick first one up as we're already on Tuesday! Here it's a quick link Week 1 2020

Any more ideas for films initially, just add them below! Also let us know who's getting involved in this below too 😎

Edited by GazzaGarratt
Adding week 1 link

Aa for ideas for films;

Matrix

Blade

Godfather

Wolf of Wall Street

BlacKKKlansman

Spiderman in to the Spiderverse

Raid 1 & 2

Ready Player One

Hanna

Only God Forgives

That’s off the top of my head but sure there’s more so will give it some thought.

Edit;

Momento

Deus Ex Machina

Taken

V for Vendetta

The Prestige

Alien

Mr Nobody

Coherence

Night Crawler

Nocturnal Animals

Oldboy (original but could do remake)

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

36 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Aa for ideas for films;

Matrix

Blade

Godfather

Wolf of Wall Street

BlacKKKlansman

Spiderman in to the Spiderverse

Raid 1 & 2

Ready Player One

Hanna

Only God Forgives

That’s off the top of my head but sure there’s more so will give it some thought.

Edit;

Momento

Deus Ex Machina

Taken

V for Vendetta

The Prestige

Alien

Mr Nobody

Coherence

Night Crawler

Nocturnal Animals

Oldboy (original but could do remake)

Cheers for that Greebs 👍 I think each Friday we'll have to check Netflix, etc and as long as they're easily available, we can put 3 in a poll for a few days whilst we have a list.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:54 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

We need to pick this back up and stick with it as we literally did it for 2 weeks! We all watch so much these days we need to do this all together far more often.

Like the original idea @Diddums raised some time ago, let's stick to films over 1 year old so that they're easily accessible via whatever subscriptions you own. Rare exceptions where possible.

Remember, idea is to all watch it at some point in the same week so we can talk spoilers had best/bad bits together. Monday through to Sunday. Each Monday we can select a new film. If possible we could quick polls on Fri to Sun beforehand with a selection before we know on Monday what's we'll try and watch.

I'll pick first one up as we're already on Tuesday! Here it's a quick link Week 1 2020

Any more ideas for films initially, just add them below! Also let us know who's getting involved in this below too 😎

Don’t forget most TV guides for the week appear in Saturday newspapers

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Don’t forget most TV guides for the week appear in Saturday newspapers

Absolutely Dave, would be good to get a few on freeview at some points where there may be a film showing on a Friday or Saturday night 👍

And yes to John Wick 3! Even if I watched it last week 😂

I love this idea to be honest. It'll also allow the baggage involved, There is however one very, very serious concern from my end, this is quite literally a deal breaker for me and legit makes me wonder why I hang out with you people:

Spoiler

image.png

So obviously that'll need to be fixed. We can also add the newer Star Trek films too as they're fucking amazing. Also Jumanji, all of them (we're going to see the latest one today, will report back). 21 & 22 Jump Street. Bridesmaids, Hangovers, Gone Girl, to name but a few. 

Actually, I think we need to watch Pain & Gain too.

banlol.png

I remember Pain and Gain being quite a fun film.  On the subject of Mark Wahlberg - The Fighter and 2 guns are pretty good films.

I also got reminded of Sully earlier which is well worth a watch as I didn’t realise all the stuff that went on with that. Plus you can pick almost any Tom Hanks film and it’s good; Any Toy Story, Captain Phillips, Terminal, Forest Gump, The Post, Bridge of Spies etc.

Sully also reminds me, Flight is a fun film too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

I remember Pain and Gain being quite a fun film.  On the subject of Mark Wahlberg - The Fighter and 2 guns are pretty good films.

I also got reminded of Sully earlier which is well worth a watch as I didn’t realise all the stuff that went on with that. Plus you can pick almost any Tom Hanks film and it’s good; Any Toy Story, Captain Phillips, Terminal, Forest Gump, The Post, Bridge of Spies etc.

Sully also reminds me, Flight is a fun film too.

Catch me if you can.👍

On 1/11/2020 at 5:28 AM, Diddums said:

I love this idea to be honest. It'll also allow the baggage involved, There is however one very, very serious concern from my end, this is quite literally a deal breaker for me and legit makes me wonder why I hang out with you people:

Hide contents

image.png

So obviously that'll need to be fixed. We can also add the newer Star Trek films too as they're fucking amazing. Also Jumanji, all of them (we're going to see the latest one today, will report back). 21 & 22 Jump Street. Bridesmaids, Hangovers, Gone Girl, to name but a few. 

Actually, I think we need to watch Pain & Gain too.

Pain and Gain was so damn good. You should be able to find the actual story about the movie. Amazes me these people were real 

Not sure if the lot of you are into mobster movies. Check out The Irishman on Netflix. Good movie. I’ve been on a Mon kick as of late. Watched it along with Donnie Brasco and Goodfellas while off. 

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Pain and Gain was so damn good. You should be able to find the actual story about the movie. Amazes me these people were real 

That's the only film I've ever stopped half way through. No bullshit, made utterly no sense to my Wife and me 😂 We really love opposite films don't we😂

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

Not sure if the lot of you are into mobster movies. Check out The Irishman on Netflix. Good movie. I’ve been on a Mon kick as of late. Watched it along with Donnie Brasco and Goodfellas while off. 

We'll add that to the list mate, nice one 👍

I'm a bit late but I finally got round to watching Fury.

Strange film, some very unrealistic content, never mind the ending. Good performances by the cast, definitely, but I found the story, what there was of it, confused as to what it was trying to convey. The horrors of combat from inside a tank? The horror of war in general? What war can make a man do? A tale of innocence rudely shattered? The germans like running at bullets? Not a clue.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/4/2020 at 12:24 AM, phil bottle said:

I'm a bit late but I finally got round to watching Fury.

Strange film, some very unrealistic content, never mind the ending. Good performances by the cast, definitely, but I found the story, what there was of it, confused as to what it was trying to convey. The horrors of combat from inside a tank? The horror of war in general? What war can make a man do? A tale of innocence rudely shattered? The germans like running at bullets? Not a clue.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I had that same feeling around the plot. It was like having a decent war film journey but I haven't a clue on what I'm actually trying to do, other than stay alive and beat ze germans. Good take mate.