The Witcher

Capn_Underpants

What are your thoughts on the series?

It was no surprise to me that Henry Cavill would do such a amazing job at playing Geralt. The action scenes were superb. It was nice seeing some of the short stories from The Last Wish come to life. Obviously, a few things differ in the books, but that is expected.

Can't wait to see the future of the series.

Via the FG App

What are your thoughts on the series?

It was no surprise to me that Henry Cavill would do such a amazing job at playing Geralt. The action scenes were superb. It was nice seeing some of the short stories from The Last Wish come to life. Obviously, a few things differ in the books, but that is expected.

Can't wait to see the future of the series.

Via the FG App

I agree, Henry Cavill is very good, he seems born for the role. I'm on episode 5 and I've enjoyed it so far. The jumping around in time isn't something I was expecting but I'm ok with that. I'm looking forward to finishing it in the next day or so.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

12 hours ago, techno said:

No, that's not right, wtf is going on 🤪

I've started it too and whilst I totally agree with Gary above 😂 it's been an enjoyable watch.

He is a far better Geralt than Superman. Hands down.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

They time hop around a bit. I can see how it can be potentially confusing to people who aren't very familiar with the series. Anything we can clarify here? What questions do you guys have?

Via the FG App

Well I finally finished it and though it explained a few things I think that it was just too much messing about backwards and forwards but it was interesting enough to keep me entertained and I enjoyed it but im not crying out for more there's way better stuff out there. Will wait for the next series.

Yennifer and geralt were great and well played.

A polish mate of mine has watched it three times now, twice in english and once in polish. She's a massive fan of the books and is overall happy with the series, clearly. I'm definitely going to pick the books up now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Went to watch 1 quick episode last night and ended up watching 3 as it made me totally lose what time it was. If I hadn't have read that people said there were flashbacks I would've only realised last night. It only starts to become apparent in Episode 4/5. Superb series so far and he is absolutely the right man to play Geralt.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:36 AM, Lebra said:

Are the series characters related to the game? I never played the game before, but the series have helped the game a lot.

Sort of, CD:PR got permission from the original author to use the characters, the basis of the story etc.  However the games are set after the books/series and the story of the games aren’t canon.  The TV series is based on the books and is canon.

I finished watching this the other night and overall enjoyed it.  I haven’t played any of the games or read the books so went in almost blind.  I didn’t realise there were flashbacks and it wasn’t until ep4 or 5 (the wedding episode) that I realised.  It was an interesting way to tell the story though, having read about the series since, it really didn’t do a good job of showing the passage of time as years pass between certain scenes.

Ciri’s storyline was meh too, I appreciate why they needed to introduce her but it was mostly her just walking around and it didn’t really add anything to this series.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

How many series have been commissioned for this? I started picking it up over the weekend and had to finish it yesterday. One of those that you just need to keep pressing 'next episode'. Really good series with some great leads. Yennifer grew into the role throughout and Ciri I think will grow into a great character come follow on series.