Corsair acquires SCUF Gaming

GazzaGarratt

EL6qmZEXkAAaoo5?format=jpg&name=small

Pretty big news in the gaming world. Considering Corsair are pretty darn class at making periphals (like mine 😎) and they also already have acquired Elgato who make capture cards their proposition just got a little bit more powerful in the market. I feel SCUF were going down in the market somewhat, or maybe more so being caught up by others such as Astro with their latest controller hitting the market now in Europe.

With mergers you always hope the product gets a serious boost in quality - I certainly also hope they don't just ditch consoles either.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Sensible for SCUF and Elgato to get out now because the Xbox X Series and PS5 are expecting to have some very functional controllers and built-in recording systems that could've hit them both very hard in terms of growth and innovation. Corsair's acquisition also suggests they will be looking to delve more into the PC market which doesn't have a huge focus on modded controllers. 

I hope the quality increases. I've had 2 scum controllers now and they do fall apart pretty fast - and I don't think I game excessively?
This is what I'm hoping. I was so excited for my Scuff when I first bought it but I barely use it now.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

9 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I hope the quality increases. I've had 2 scum controllers now and they do fall apart pretty fast - and I don't think I game excessively?

Talking to kempy the other day who says he goes through a PS4 controller every 6 months my scufs have been great value. 

I have tried other similar products (granted non of the more expensive newer ones) but the Scuf has always been the far better product

On 12/18/2019 at 7:31 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

yeah but you can bench press a dwarf, you don’t know your own strength innit.

banlol.png

On 12/18/2019 at 7:31 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

How long did yours last? And what was the actual problem with them in the end?

I'm finding the PS4 controllers have arguably been my worst controllers that I've ever had for any console over the years based on longevity.

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How long did yours last? And what was the actual problem with them in the end?

I'm finding the PS4 controllers have arguably been my worst controllers that I've ever had for any console over the years based on longevity.

Buttons stopped working and the rubber on the analogue sticks disintegrated fast!

signatures small.jpg

21 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Buttons stopped working and the rubber on the analogue sticks disintegrated fast!

That's disappointing to hear. Analogue stick and triggers go wrong too quickly on the standard PS4 controllers. Can you buy spares for SCUFs or is it just the Astro C40 the interchangeable ones?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's disappointing to hear. Analogue stick and triggers go wrong too quickly on the standard PS4 controllers. Can you buy spares for SCUFs or is it just the Astro C40 the interchangeable ones?

Things are interchangeable on new scufs

Im only on my second on this console generation and for how much I play I don't think it's too bad.