Resident Evil 3 Remake

J4MES OX4D

Ok, so I finally got this used for around $30.  It’s more of the same if you’ve played the RE2 remake only everything about it feels rushed.  The new environments aren’t really that impressive and it’s all extremely linear. I finished the campaign in 3 1/2 hours. On my first play through...  damn.

Im not going to bother with the MP side of it mostly because it doesn’t interest me.  But $30 for less then 4 hours still feels like a rip off. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 8/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, Riff Machine said:

Ok, so I finally got this used for around $30.  It’s more of the same if you’ve played the RE2 remake only everything about it feels rushed.  The new environments aren’t really that impressive and it’s all extremely linear. I finished the campaign in 3 1/2 hours. On my first play through...  damn.

Im not going to bother with the MP side of it mostly because it doesn’t interest me.  But $30 for less then 4 hours still feels like a rip off. 

Do you think this is also because R2 is held in nostalgic purposes an absolute beast of a game and when it was made everyone knew RE2 was always significantly bigger than RE3? I'm with you though, i was never gonna pay full price for this knowing it was a smaller game in general.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I grabbed the game for £9 on CDKeys and have just finished it in 5 hours 20 minutes. It's definitely very watered-down compared to RE2 and even things from the original have been omitted but I did still had a lot of fun. The horror aspect takes more of a backseat and the action comes thick and fast plus you aren't bogged down by too many traditional puzzles.  I did like the pacing overall and the combat was fairly enjoyable. 

The locations are very linear though - typically in RE games, areas branch out and you can unlock doors to find shortcuts which makes backtracking easier but here, the areas were fairly simple and there were lots of blocked off places and inaccessible doors. Not a huge issue as everything seemed very focused and you didn't have to worry about running backwards or around the same location(s)

They definitely could've done more especially as this is a mainline standalone game and I wouldn't dream of paying full price for it - £12-20 is fair for a one-time playthrough. Not interested in any extras or doing a new run. I enjoyed the story and characters too and definitely glad I got round to playing it although it's nowhere near as good as RE2 remake.