Resident Evil 3 Remake

J4MES OX4D

Can anyone remember which Resident Evil on PSX started with you having to walk through zombies and burning cars to get into a gun store, right at the beginning? I thought it was the first one, but I don't remember that scene being in the remaster. Am I imagining it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Can anyone remember which Resident Evil on PSX started with you having to walk through zombies and burning cars to get into a gun store, right at the beginning? I thought it was the first one, but I don't remember that scene being in the remaster. Am I imagining it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I think RE3 started off quite frantic running through the streets and alleys trying to get to the RCPD station. The original starts off in the mansion pretty much and RE2 is at the gas station. 3 definitely threw people in at the deep end from what I vaguely remember. 

12 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I think RE3 started off quite frantic running through the streets and alleys trying to get to the RCPD station. The original starts off in the mansion pretty much and RE2 is at the gas station. 3 definitely threw people in at the deep end from what I vaguely remember. 

I ended up looking it up. It;s RE 2. Apparently it is featured to an extent in the new version, I just haven't reached that yet 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Omg omg omg. I've asked for the remaster of RE2 for Crimbo as its added so many great things and now the one RE game I actually completed on my own is getting the same treatment!

Looks incredible and I cant wait to get it.

Also, dont miss out that the game will  come with the new RE multiplayer game which apparently amazeballs. I might start a thread on that one as its severely underrated apparently.

Looks incredible James. I need to get into Res Evil 2 still before i go and spunk a load of cash on this too. This is remastering games at its finest.

After finally playing the RE2 remake, I was looking forward to this.  But after the initial reviews came in, I think I’ll also wait until it’s gone down in price.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Reviews are in and although they are largely positive, it doesn't appear anywhere near as good as the last game. Also it seems to be very short and has some other disappointing flaws. I will probably wait until this is heavily reduced as £50 is way too much. 

My 2p so far would be that Resident Evil 3 wasn't ever a long game when it was released - it followed Resident Evil 2 that had 4 official playthroughs with the main characters so perception will be its way shorter but that is true to an extent.

Having said that, i'd never pay £50 for the remake. I'm sure I got RE2 as an xmas present which was £20 by then (Physical copy). I'm with @Riff Machine  and wait for a few months before you see the sales kick in.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:08 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

My friend completed this today and it took him 4 hours and 20 minutes. He apparently completed many of the challenges and did not rush through either. Ouch! 

Yeah, that's not worth £50 imo.

I figure they (Capcom) were really hoping the multiplayer Would take off so people would feel they got their money’s worth.  Thing is, I’ve never thought of the series as a multiplayer experience, so unless this drops below $25, I won’t be getting this anytime soon.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

17 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I figure they (Capcom) were really hoping the multiplayer Would take off so people would feel they got their money’s worth.  Thing is, I’ve never thought of the series as a multiplayer experience, so unless this drops below $25, I won’t be getting this anytime soon.  

Plus the MP element is really half-baked just like their previous additional features in the likes of Resident Evil 7 and 2. Both portions of the game here seem really lackluster and there is no reason to play the MP in this over Dead by Daylight for instance. 

On 5/12/2020 at 12:29 AM, Riff Machine said:

I completely forgot about the MP. I'd be really interested to hear how that mode is in more detail if anyone has played it.