Art / Digital Art

Greboth

11 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

Hey question is there a free artwork program for free that can help me make a logo for my cousin’s business I’m working with jeta and gimp but can’t seem to get the two to cooperate is there any thing I can do?

I've never heard of Jeta before today so I can't really offer any advice with respect to it.  What are you trying to do that they aren't co-operating?

I'm guessing, creating a logo in Jeta and you want to use it in GIMP for other stuff?  With regards to the logo though, GIMP should be able to do most if not all of it on it's own without the need for Jeta.  Though if you want a dedicated vector program, InkScape is free.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

That's disgustingly too good @Greboth! Very difficult to see they aren't actually real! If I see a post opening at Gran Turismo studios i'll let you know 😎

If I may offer a challenge...1955 Merc 300SL Gullwing. Seeing that one last night with the doors open in the show room makes the bits tingly. I think it would be a good challenge to model it with the doors open and give a go to the partial interior as well!!! Mercedes Silver on red leather or no dice...love the work here, great job.

23 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

If I may offer a challenge...1955 Merc 300SL Gullwing. Seeing that one last night with the doors open in the show room makes the bits tingly. I think it would be a good challenge to model it with the doors open and give a go to the partial interior as well!!! Mercedes Silver on red leather or no dice...love the work here, great job.

Not a mini? 🤯 😆

I’m working on a McLaren Artura at the moment.  All the models posted above are done from blueprints so fancied a challenge of doing a new car without blueprints.

The 300SL is a classic though so could give it a go next.  Interiors are a bit of a pain but I’ve not done a doors open model so that would be a new challenge.  I’ll see how long it takes to finish the Macca as having to mode a lot of detail at the rear so it’s taking a while.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Not a mini? 🤯 😆

I’m working on a McLaren Artura at the moment.  All the models posted above are done from blueprints so fancied a challenge of doing a new car without blueprints.

The 300SL is a classic though so could give it a go next.  Interiors are a bit of a pain but I’ve not done a doors open model so that would be a new challenge.  I’ll see how long it takes to finish the Macca as having to mode a lot of detail at the rear so it’s taking a while.

Mini's are always good...I recommend Binky!!!! 

So the Artura went by the way side as I got mired in the details.  So I started something else instead, a 1961 Jaguar E-type - easily one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

51478857764_850f93fc9a_o.jpg

51478374488_99b3652153_o.jpg

51478137891_7b80eb8307_o.jpg

51478857834_118561299b_o.jpg

51478374403_efb780af86_o.jpg

51478857554_2548f1f09e_o.jpg

And I haven't forgotten you @TurboR56Mini I'm just trying something special for the 300SL but I'm getting there

51477358832_93c81c6d7b_o.jpg

Oh man the e-type is on my top five list for sure. Along with a DB4-GT, Delahaye 165, Bugatti TYPE 57 AEROLITH, and the Dusenberg Model SJ Speedster. The 30's knew how to design cars my friend and it's the last thing the French were good at...I'm a sucker for anything with a boat tail as well!  

5 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Oh man the e-type is on my top five list for sure. Along with a DB4-GT, Delahaye 165, Bugatti TYPE 57 AEROLITH, and the Dusenberg Model SJ Speedster. The 30's knew how to design cars my friend and it's the last thing the French were good at...I'm a sucker for anything with a boat tail as well!  

Oh. My. Fucking. God. 

Did you seriously just list out all of those cars off the top of your head? Like seriously? I've loved those cars since the moment I laid eyes on them, I can picture myself in a pinstripe suit cruising around London at night, Tommy Gun optional. Art Deco cars and vehicles are the cream of the crop, nothing else even comes close. Boat Tails rock my world too. 

banlol.png

7 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

I can't argue with you on that though I have to say, personally, I'm a sucker cars of the 80's and early 90's.  Though now I think of it, every car I love from that era are all Group A touring cars or Group B rally cars 😄

20 hours ago, Diddums said:

37, in case anyone's wondering. 

They were hoping you'd say that, because now its impressive. 😎

@Greboth, utter ridonkulous drawings mate. Love the one over the shoulder of the car door, so realistic its a little unnerving 😅

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

They were hoping you'd say that, because now its impressive. 😎

@Greboth, utter ridonkulous drawings mate. Love the one over the shoulder of the car door, so realistic its a little unnerving 😅

Well it helps that they're 3d models and not drawings 😛 I've certainly done drawings similar to this, I think I posted a couple when I started this thread.  But God no, I wouldn't want to do that 7 drawings of the same car to that level of detail!

OK my talented extended family, I need some help with creating a logo. I'm quite stupid when it comes to illustrator and I want to develop a really cool expedition logo. Here is the back story. 

My buddy from college and I have been wanting to do a trip to Alaska for years and we have decided to do it next year. As most know, I recently picked up our new Defender 90 and will be kitting it our over the next 18 months or so. My buddy will be taking his own rig and we will have other people to help drive and work etc. This will be the epic overlanding experience we've been wanting to do for so long. This will be like a 12k mile trip and an experience of a life time. Here is a map for reference!

image.png.4a7f0b9f796ad93a347fdb10229a86d3.png

With any good expedition, you need corresponding swag, I'm talking jackets, patches, trucker hats, koozies, the works. I started a brief design and met my match of my inability to comprehend something new lol. Below is the idea I had to start knowing full well that a 3 year old could have drawn this. I was playing around in illustrator and managed to get this far before quitting. The elements here are the artic circle coordinates some mountains, the Alaskan flag and the destination. I wanted to make something special for this once in a life time experience. Y'all have done some amazing things here and if I've learned anything in my career it's hire folks who know what they are doing. I'm not looking for a handout, I will pay for the help. I would rather give the family the work as it were. I wanted to add some color like some overlanding logos and I've added some inspiration pics below too. Does this sound like an epic project to anyone here? 

IMG_20220211_181015-01.jpeg

Patagonia's 5-Word Explanation of Why It's Closing Its Stores and Giving  Employees a Week Off Is the Best I've Seen Yet | Inc.com

Overland designs, themes, templates and downloadable graphic elements on  Dribbble

FOG Digital Marketing on Twitter: "Brand new Logo for Overlanding Texas!  Need a logo for your business? Contact us today!! #overlanding  #overlandingusa #overlandingtexas #texas #4runner #tacoma #jeep #truck  #adventure #camping #overlander #logo #

Overland designs, themes, templates and downloadable graphic elements on  Dribbble

What Is The Best Size Fridge For Overlanding

Overland New Zealand

5 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

i would love to help but my digital art skills are poo and the avatar i have here and in discord is the limit of what i can do

I think that actually looks damn awesome tbh...i thought you got someone to do it for you!

Carl @TurboR56Mini , if Greebs doesn't get chance maybe @jordie1892  @J-Lurch  @LordBaguette  @tronic44 or @Antpool84  will have some ideas for it mate. I've also tried to draw something but my skills are pretty limited too 😄

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think that actually looks damn awesome tbh...i thought you got someone to do it for you!

Carl @TurboR56Mini , if Greebs doesn't get chance maybe @jordie1892  @J-Lurch  @LordBaguette  @tronic44 or @Antpool84  will have some ideas for it mate. I've also tried to draw something but my skills are pretty limited too 😄

thank you for finding it awesome, as i like medieval stuff, i wanted something like a flag/emblem/heraldry for an avatar and so i browsed for some inspiration and i settled on this with the one side having the fg colours in a checkered pattern and the other my countrys flag colours in stripes, i threw a chevron and a T for the nickname i use and voila, anyway i will brainstorm a bit and maybe come up with something for carl and if i make anything remotely good i will post it here

Thread bump and something different from me.  I’ve been doing some sketching recently and fancied getting back in to more traditional media so broke out the alcohol markers for the first time in at least 15 years (God! I feel old now 😞) A few issues and problems with the drawing both in colour, lighting and technique but nice to have something real for a change than pixels on a screen.

IMG_1846.thumb.jpeg.977d626a875bd25494c583801341555c.jpeg

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thats class @Greboth! Annoyingly for us, like GT, you still haven't lost it 😄

Awww shucks! You'll make me blush!

How about an Iron Man too.  Still a few problems with getting used to the markers and lighting but better than the above.  I think it's time to try a more original piece though I know my anatomy is terrible but there's only one way to get better at it.

Ironman.thumb.jpg.2aff29be633a341631ef53cd0b05b69c.jpg