MARKET RESEARCH: Do you have kids?

Hi all!

if you have been blessed with children or are expecting a child could you possibly answer 2 questions for me please?

1. Are you concerned with how your health and wellness will impact you as a parent? Yes/No

If you answered Yes to question 1:

2. What are the obstacles you face that stop you reaching the level of health, fitness and wellness you want? 

thanks!

Elliott

signatures small.jpg

Hi Elliott,

My kids are all in their 30's so this may not be relevant but here goes...

1. Not really. At the time I was reasonably fit thanks to gym, squash and karate. Now I have still have the body of a god but unfortunately it's Buddah

2. Nothing really. I had a really understanding wife regarding karate which was mainly in the evenings. The squash and gym were done before work or at lunch at the sports facility right next door to where I worked. Anne's fitness was mainly focused around walking and we both ate reasonably healthily

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

1. Are you concerned with how your health and wellness will impact you as a parent? Yes/No

I was but not so much health as I was playing football on Sundays and footy training once a week. Wellness on the other hand was about how I would handle the change in lifestyle and more importantly how my wife would potentially change/feel.

Thing is, everyone is different and so is your relationships. I'm more of a person that just wanted Hayley to be healthy and able to cope when I was not around. And when I was around I wanted to do everything to make her job easier. It's why I always woke up and sorted both kids out even still now. Even when she breast fed I would want to pass them to her. That also helps if she has a c-section (we had both like that).

1 hour ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

2. What are the obstacles you face that stop you reaching the level of health, fitness and wellness you want? 

Priorities man. Priorities! Without you knowing they just become the most important things next to your wife. So stuff just happens and you don't think twice to give up stuff for them. That didnt mean for me giving up football straight away but when they were old enough to be interactive then you realise how much time you lose out with them when working full time.

I didnt initially but I've now fully realised over recent years that a work/life balance is so important.

I think you can also miss your own time at some points so that's where your situation, support and your relationship strength truly shows. If you or your wife need some chill time e.g. gaming, then you still need that stuff.

Funnily, I can never explain how but it all seems to work out. I imagine everyone just gets used to a new 'normal' life, whatever it is for them.