Diablo 4

On 11/3/2019 at 9:39 PM, The3rdWalker said:

Cool story, but D3 reskinned. I'll pass on first glance.

Via the FG App

Really? I mean I didnt get that from the information I've seen so far.

Clearly it'll take a lot from previous games but that's expected as I wouldn't want to buy it because it's not Diablo.

I hope that it actually tries to make some things a little more accessible and easier to understand.

I didnt see an offline mode though which could put some others off it.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I have a feeling this will be a live service.

I totally had that feeling too. I think they see what Destiny have and want a piece of that pie. A live service is what a lot of gamers are really enjoying right now, however the hard part is alot of these gamers also want regularly new drops of content to drop. That is really hard to keep pushing out and theyll need microtransactions to help them.with ongoing development. Idc about them if they are cosmetic only. It's even better if you can also earn them all in game through just playing.

It doesn't put me off the game. In fact, I'd be more open to it as you can see a game like Borderlands 3 just doesn't have legs in it because it catered for offline mode.

Diablo 4 game director Louis Barriga, lead level designer Jesse McCree, and World of Warcraft designer Jonathan LeCraft are all out at Blizzard Entertainment. The news was first reported by Kotaku and then confirmed by Activision Blizzard.

"We can confirm Luis Barriga, Jesse McCree, and Jonathan LeCraft are no longer with the company," a representative said. "We have a deep, talented roster of developers already in place and new leaders have been assigned where appropriate. We are confident in our ability to continue progress, deliver amazing experiences to our players, and move forward to ensure a safe, productive work environment for all.”

A source at Blizzard also told PC Gamer that the senior developers are no longer in Blizzard's internal employee directory. 

The news comes during a tumultuous month as Activision Blizzard reacts to a lawsuit by the state of California alleging that the company has a sexist culture and widespread workplace toxicity.

Louis Barriga was game director on Diablo 4, and has been with Blizzard for at least 15 years. He was previously a quest and systems designer, and a lead game designer on World of Warcraft. He was involved in the development of The Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm expansions, as well as Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.

Jesse McCree was a lead level designer at Blizzard, working on Diablo 3 and multiple World of Warcraft expansions. McCree had been employed since December 2005, according to his LinkedIn page. He's apparently the namesake of Overwatch character Jesse McCree, and his involvement in the "Cosby Suite" group chats documented by Kotaku led some Overwatch fans to ask the name of the character be changed. McCree also has at least five characters in World of Warcraft named after himself.

Jonathan LeCraft had worked at Blizzard since 2005 as well, serving as a senior game designer for World of Warcraft. He has worked primarily on World of Warcraft since The Burning Crusade.

This situation is developing, and PC Gamer has reached out to Activision Blizzard for comment.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I cannot wait for this one.  I just hope and pray it doesn't have all the bullshit that 3 had on launch.  *Fingers Crossed*

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 4/8/2022 at 6:05 PM, Riff Machine said:

I cannot wait for this one.  I just hope and pray it doesn't have all the bullshit that 3 had on launch.  *Fingers Crossed*

With at least another year to wait for it, I bloody hope they don't screw it up. The environment and new graphical engine they can use with this should really help them jump to a fantastic game. Just need to keep some of the core D3 parts that made that such a solid game to play.

Overheard @Stretch616  @GazzaGarratt and @Luseth playing last night, and I will admit I got massive FOMO! Might have to see if I can break the bank and get it soon... Although I do suspect I'd have to get two copies as the Misses would want to play as well.

7 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Overheard @Stretch616  @GazzaGarratt and @Luseth playing last night, and I will admit I got massive FOMO! Might have to see if I can break the bank and get it soon... Although I do suspect I'd have to get two copies as the Misses would want to play as well.

You would need to look into it but I think if you gameshare on PS4 i.e. set each others consoles as primary and then bought it digitally I think you could buy one copy but still both play it. I have never done it though but maybe something to look into?

As an example -

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

You would need to look into it but I think if you gameshare on PS4 i.e. set each others consoles as primary and then bought it digitally I think you could buy one copy but still both play it. I have never done it though but maybe something to look into?

As an example -

Thank you Matt, I will try this — however do think this only works if you have one PS5 and one PS4. Although I hope I'm wrong it would be great 👍

12 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Thank you Matt, I will try this — however do think this only works if you have one PS5 and one PS4. Although I hope I'm wrong it would be great 👍

No, I think it works with the PS4, it's just easier with one of each. Someone spoke to me about it years ago and I think the idea is say you buy it on your psn account, set your partners playstation as your primary ps4 and then set yours as her primary PS4, then log onto your own account on your own machine (not the one you set as primary) and it should give you access to the digital games on the other account.  Least I think that's the principle ^_^ Sorry if I have confused you more though, maybe a youtube search might be better! 😄

53 minutes ago, Luseth said:

No, I think it works with the PS4, it's just easier with one of each. Someone spoke to me about it years ago and I think the idea is say you buy it on your psn account, set your partners playstation as your primary ps4 and then set yours as her primary PS4, then log onto your own account on your own machine (not the one you set as primary) and it should give you access to the digital games on the other account.  Least I think that's the principle ^_^ Sorry if I have confused you more though, maybe a youtube search might be better! 😄

Yea, this.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*