Death Stranding

J4MES OX4D

I managed to get hold of a code from a friend of a friend for £20 - I was still reluctant but as I don't have much else to play right now, I thought I'd give it a shot. Apparently the game was being given away with new Nvidia GPU's and the guy had already played, and hated it on PS4😂 Code works fine so I'm good to go once I finish the 63gb download.

Done the prologue. A few key things so far:-

- The game keeps throwing around gibberish terminologies but at no point explains what they mean. I can forgive the odd-word or random statement but so far I haven't heard so much bollocks being spouted by videogame characters in all my life. I keep hearing the words 'chairal allergy' and 'dooms' but what does it mean for fuck sake? 

- The delivery menu interface is quite possibly the most visually unattractive, needlessly complicated and overly convoluted I have ever seen in gaming. There is no need for 95% of the information on there and what is presented is an absolute shambles. 

- The controls are extremely clunky and wonky. Niche games like this have to get their fundamental mechanics spot-on for the sake of its already delicate concept, but it doesn't feel like a good representation visually or mechanically. 

Not impressed so far.