Football rule changes for new season

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The start of the new Premier League season is just days away and last season's rule book has been thrown out and rewritten for the new campaign. Newsround takes a look at the most important rule changes for the season. Do you think they're a good idea?

I'll transcribe when I'm near a PC

Winter break will be weird.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

All seem relatively sensible to me
The handball rules I'm not so sure but if it stops players doing that ridiculous hands behind back silliness I'll be happy. Looking at you Jan Vertonghen [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

VAR is the one.

We'll see if and when it gets used tonight in the first game. One positive note is that the Referee's man in charge has confirmed they are going to try and keep to the stonewall decisions so i'm hoping we don't get to see soft penalties given after 7 minutes of stopped play.

10 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

The new rules on substitutions are interesting.  It's a big issue in football and it'll be interesting to see what refs do to those not following this new rule.

I think this rule will become very problematic because already last week one of our players against Sunderland had stuff thrown at him from behind the goal when he was instructed to exit the pitch right in front of the hardcore home fans. I think it would be better if refs were just more strict in players exiting and/or in adding on time properly. 

On 8/10/2019 at 7:49 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I think this rule will become very problematic because already last week one of our players against Sunderland had stuff thrown at him from behind the goal when he was instructed to exit the pitch right in front of the hardcore home fans. I think it would be better if refs were just more strict in players exiting and/or in adding on time properly. 

Lamela got booked right at the end of the game yesterday and hilariously he ran to the side which meant they never lost any time whatsoever!