The FG Homepage - your thoughts please

Morning all. For a while now I know its a running joke when I say something about 'its on the website' and then the typical response is 'what, on the forum?'. Yep, you're right, it does show quite clearly we are mainly a forum but for ages I've been trying to show how much other fun stuff we have on here as well as being able to post up on the forums. Unfortunately, unless 'you know', then you're unlikely to check past the first page here. Equally, not everyone these days is up for posting a million and one things and if they do, they either kinda get missed or a good write up probably deserves a different space e.g. like a blog or article.

So with that in mind, and we are into the summer holiday months, i'd like to try and bring a new landing page together. I want to know from you guys is there anything specific you really want to be prompted on for a front homepage? This can be as simple as 'Latest quizzes' or it could be more about 'give me the last 20 forum posts or 5 most popular topics currently'.

They'll have to be stuff that i want to be more prominent so you know its there and we interact with those bits more but clearly want it to be tailored to what you wanna see.

So.....what you think everybody?

If you need inspiration, check out all the menus on FG. There's about 15/20 things in there that you probably just didn't know we had.

P.S. I'm thinking about a tutorial for each addition too, just so anybody can at least understand the basics of its interaction. Let me know if this helps too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Edit: re-reading I look like I'm moaning and also just realised this is the wrong place for certain feedback[emoji41]Twat[emoji28]

Just for contributions to the site in general I'd give James a role. Even if its against his wishes[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I can’t think of anything specific that I’d like to see as most of it is covered already.

Instead of specially being newest quiz’s, recent posts etc separately.  Could you have a whats hot which lists the top 5 or 10 things going across everything? The only potential issue I see with that is how do you determine if a quiz or guide or more popular than a post or thread.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 8/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, The3rdWalker said:

I think you are better off with a splash page / gateway that bring you to the forums. 

FG

/socials (Twitter/Discord)

/forums

[end]

It'll be too much to maintain. 

Thanks Rob, I appreciate the feedback. I think it needs to be quick links as you say to the most common stuff on FG. I'd say at the moment, like it has been for a while it would be too much for me to do to keep lots of new news from each part going on the homepage, even though that would be pretty awesome.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb