Marvel - Phase Four

GazzaGarratt

So here's my initial thoughts:

• Dr. Strange new film. Cumberbatch really plays that character so well
  • No Avengers movie. Like at all.
  • What if..... is that Spiderman and Fantastic Four?! I really want a film with FF done properly
  • Not sure what a Black Widow film can give you after Endgame? Not a fan of prequels.
  • Eternals has to be the replacement for a big Avengers movie. Really hoping they'll nail this
  • People are likely going to slate Falcon as he can't compare to Captain America. I do have high hopes for it though
  • BLADE! Bring back Wesley Snipes!!!!! (I know he's not playing the main but surely as a cameo)
  • Did I mention no Avengers movie?

As much as I'm gutted for the last phase to be completed, there's some good ones in there to look forward. Even a Female Thor (Natalie Portman) should be a good twist to it as its still 

Taika Waititi as the director who made Thor Ragnorak into an amazing film.

Anyone seen any new info on all of this at all? I feel the big void left with this last massive franchise as there isn't anything on the horizon that really interests me like the Marvel Phases or Harry Potter.

Be good to know any new info that may have heard what could be happening with the above films/series.

Not really mate.
•Hoping that they aren’t making Thor a female (I know they have in a comic), I’m sure they have a load of female heroes they could release and think Thor really developed into one of the better characters in ragnarok/infinity war.
•Black widow trailer looks pretty damn good, expect at the end of that for her to have setup a new widow program after civil war or whenever it was based and the new girl will take over her mantle.

•Looking forward to blade and the falcon/winter soldier film for their angle after cap.

Apparently, Mahershala Ali is going to be the new Blade. I would hope that somehow they could get a cameo for Snipes in this, considering his initial Blade film kicked off the success for Marvel films as we know in this era. He seems to have the awards so I hope he can make Blade another series mainstay as I do look at the list more and more and i'm not as excited as I probably was when I saw the reveal names.

I still can't get my head around doing a Black Widow film after Phase 3.

9 hours ago, techno said:

Who ?

Does anyone remember the blade TV series ?

Played Richard in 4400, Cottonmouth in Luke Cage, Greenbook, voiced the uncle in Into the Spiderverse.  He was also the upper city bad guy from Alita and he was in True Detective (I think season 2).

I do really like him as an actor but not sure he’s the right build for Blade.  He’s also mid 40’s so question if he’s too old but will wait and see.

I didn’t realise there was a series, just watched a trailer and it looked terrible 😆

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Played Richard in 4400, Cottonmouth in Luke Cage, Greenbook, voiced the uncle in Into the Spiderverse.  He was also the upper city bad guy from Alita and he was in True Detective (I think season 2).

I do really like him as an actor but not sure he’s the right build for Blade.  He’s also mid 40’s so question if he’s too old but will wait and see.

I didn’t realise there was a series, just watched a trailer and it looked terrible 😆

Wife actually bought it, it wasn't too bad but did have Jill Wagner in it.

As for what's his name, might recognise him from luke cage🤷

On 10/15/2020 at 3:05 AM, techno said:

Does anyone remember the blade TV series ?

Never even realised there was one until you said. Maybe if its on Prime or Netflix I could try and catch it. Wesley snipes was just the perfect blade though, so i'm hoping he's not a tough watch.